CHAPTER 31 - Preparing For The Ball

Hermione stood in front of the full-length mirror in her room, admiring herself as she wore her ballgown with pride. It had been a while since Hermione had felt so glamourous or pampered, and to be honest, she actually liked it.

Her black dress hugged her body in all the right places and emphasized her curvaceous hourglass figure. The gown was backless with a sweetheart neckline and a mermaid hem. It was plain yet elegant, Hermione felt beautiful and confident in it.

Her hair was styled into a half-up half-down rose bun with beautiful pearl hairpins placed in a braid leading to the bun. The remaining loose strands of hair were curled into perfect twirls and fell below her shoulder blades with elegance. Her makeup was professionally done by Pansy Parkinson. It was a simple gradient eye with a halo and a cut crease. Her lip gloss was a soft pink with glitter in it.

Ginny's dress was a vivid scarlet that brought out her inner goddess. She looked fierce and ready to kill; stunning. The fabric draped alongside a V-neck and back with a sexy side slit. Her hair was straightened and hung on her shoulders with immaculate beauty. Her lips were painted a vibrant red and her Smokey eye look made the blue of her eyes pop.

Luna was wearing a baby blue knee-length dress with an off-shoulder top that showed her defined collarbone. Around her neck was a glittering diamond choker chain which matched her diamond bracelet and sparkly heels perfectly. Her blonde hair was pulled into a messy bun with loose curls falling from it. Her makeup was very natural but she didn't need makeup.

Pansy's dress was similar to Ginny's but was a stunning midnight blue and clung to her body. The design was body flattering, emphasizing her every curve, and the front formed a very low V-neck. The slit on the side was slightly risky as it reached up to just below her hip bone.

Her makeup was slightly more on the extravagant side with a dark black and silver shading, but it wasn't overwhelming. Her lips were a dark red almost brown colour, making her look sexy yet sophisticated.

"Hermione! I still can't get over how stunning you are!" Luna gasped as she walked into Hermione's room.

"Thanks Luna..." Hermione flushed and whispered bashfully. She was never the best when it came to receiving compliments, it rarely happened.

"Luna, I don't think I can do this." Hermione voice was shaking. She turned to face Luna, looking at her with fear-stricken eyes that were pleading for help. Luna shut the door behind her and sat on the bed, patting the empty spot beside her.

"Hermione, you are the strongest and single most courageous person I know. Every day I find myself in awe at your bravery, whether it be at school or in your own personal choices. You don't realize how amazingly perfect you are and it's high time you start embracing it. You look stunning and I know for a fact that every single person at that ball tonight will have their eyes glued on you. You'll be turning heads left, right and centre. I promise." Luna smiled softly.

Hermione flung herself into Luna and threw her arms around her neck, hugging her tightly.

"Luna, you're amazing. You know that, right?" Luna laughed softly and rubbed her back gently.

"Now come on. Let's go rock that ball." Luna stood up and offered Hermione her hand which she graciously took. They both walked out of the room and into the common room where everyone else was waiting patiently.

They were all talking softly amongst each other with, surprisingly, no rude comments or unnecessary arguments. It was oddly comforting to see. The clicking of Hermione and Luna's heels drew everyone's attention to the two girls emerging from Hermione and Draco's bedroom.

All talking ceased as six pairs of eyes looked at the two girls. Draco's eyes widened ever so subtly when his gaze fell upon the beauty in black. She's beautiful... He silently commented. He was rendered speechless at the sight of his bookworm, completely entranced by her.

Blaise was entirely bewitched by the angelic witch in blue, his jaw practically hanging on the floor as he ogled her from head to toe. He walked to Luna and gave her a small kiss.

"You look absolutely stunning, angel." He whispered in her ear making her blush a bright pink.

"You look quite dashing yourself, Mr Zabini." She swooned.

Blaise was dressed in a simple but expensive-looking suit with a baby blue bow tie which complimented Luna's dress beautifully.

Harry, who was embracing Ginny lovingly, smiled at the girls with a brotherly love.

"You both look beautiful." He said softly. Ginny held the same expression.

Ron, however, wasn't as subtle as the rest.

"Bloody hell..." Ron whispered under his breath as he gave them the girls a onceover. Ginny turned to her brother and elbowed him in the ribs making in yelp in pain.

"Watch it, Ronald. Keep your hormones in check and show some decency." His sister scolded him. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

His blue eyes were practically bulging out of their sockets as he scrutinized every inch of Hermione. His wandering eyes explored her stunning body, stopping at each curve with an awed gaze.

His throat was suddenly very dry.

"Mione...you look...uh...wow." Ron was clearly lost for words. He coughed awkwardly and scratched the back of his neck nervously. He'd never noticed these physical features before and now that he had, his eyes refused to look away. Ginny flicked her brother on his head and gave him another silent warning.

"Bloody hell, Gin. Since when are you so violent."

Draco glared at him and pushed past him. He walked to Hermione and gave her a genuine smile. He lifted his hand and gently tucked a loose curl behind her ear and leaned down so that his warm breath tickled her ear.

"You look absolutely breath-taking, ravishing if you will." Hermione blushed several shades of pink and involuntarily bit her lip. His words were sincere and held truth and an unrecognizable emotion. Draco noticed the effect he had on her and took it a step further. Before he pulled back, he placed a soft kiss behind her ear, leaving her blushing a furious red and biting her bottom lip slightly harder than before.

"Remember our plan, Granger." He looked deep into her chocolate eyes and then at her lip. He gently held her chin between his thumb and index finger and pulled softly, releasing her lip from between her teeth.

"Don't bite your lip, it does things to me." His eyes were clouded with lust. Hermione widened her eyes, both confused and aroused by his words and actions.

What is this guy doing to me?

Blaise and Ginny exchanged a secret glance which went unnoticed by the others. Relief ran through their veins as they watched the small but significant gesture between Draco and Hermione.

"Oh, Merlin! The carriages will be here any minute! Are you all ready?" Pansy cried and gave everyone a onceover.

"Good. Come now, let's go." She reached over to grab her purse and hastily pushed them all out through the portrait.

"Looking good!" Fred winked as the group left the common room. They all muttered a 'thank you' and walked down the corridor.

"Oi, Mione! Bit heavy handed on the blush!" Fred yelled down the hallway and Draco snickered, eyeing Hermione with a smug grin.

"It's not makeup, Freddie!" Draco yelled back and the loud laughter of Fred Weasley bellowed through the corridor making everyone, except Ron, let out a small laugh as well.

They were in for a long night...

________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey guys!! Thanks for reading :)

Please vote if you liked this chapter **