CHAPTER 39 - Dramione

"Ron! What the hell is wrong with you?" Ginny was pacing in front of her traumatized brother crouched over on the couch in their common room.

Hermione and Draco were still in the infirmary and the rest of dorm room 05 sat in a circle around the shivering redhead, watching him with intensity. Nobody was sure of what to say or how to handle the situation. Pansy was convinced that he did it out of jealousy over Draco but Harry, Luna and Ginny knew that there was more to the story. Blaise, however, followed whatever Luna decided to believe.

"I-I don't k-know... It was like I was ... possessed by something." Ron spluttered out. His fear-stricken blue eyes were glued to the coat hanger beside the portrait hole, his body swaying back and fourth like a child after a nightmare. He was in a state of shock and fear and complete disgust. What would Hermione think of him now?

"Oh come on! Don't tell me you lot believe him? You were THERE, for Merlin's sake!" Pansy interjected after a moment of silence around the group. She let out a huff and threw herself back against the couch in frustration.

"Just shut up, Parkinson." Ginny groaned. Pansy had been at it with accusations and insults for the past hour and a half – yes, that's how long they had been sitting in the circle of awkward silence and interrogation. Blaise glared at Ginny.

"What? It's obvious he's jealous! I mean come on, don't you see the way he stares at Draco with those ... judgy eyes. It's no secret he doesn't like Hermione and Draco's pairing!" Pansy pointed out, her voice lifting slightly towards the end as she struggled what to call Draco and Hermione's – relationship? – relationship.

"I don't think anyone besides Slughorn and Dumbledore are team Hermione and Malfoy – "

"Team Dramione." Luna quickly cut off Harry in a meek voice.

"I'm sorry what?" Harry looked at Luna with a curious frown.

"Dramione. You know, Draco and Hermione... Dramione." Luna announced proudly as if it was the best thing ever.

"Okay...uhm...Team Dramione then. As I was saying, Malfoy and 'Mione aren't exactly power couple material but that is not the point here. We are talking about Ron, not Hermione or Malfoy." Harry tried his best to get back to the topic at hand but he was once again interrupted by the endless arguments about "Dramione".

"STOP!" Ron yelled out, having heard enough about how Draco and Hermione are either compatible or entirely disastrous together. He should not have to sit and listen to others discuss petty things that he did not approve. Pansy was right, he is upset. But he is not jealous about the relationship – he and Hermione are MUCH closer than Draco and Hermione.

"Listen, I don't know what overcame me tonight, but I was not myself...literally. The last thing I remember is Professor Dumbledore introducing the new Professor. After that, I entirely blacked out. I don't remember even looking at Hermione let alone throwing her with a bloody knife!" Ron sighed and groaned in frustration. He was becoming really annoyed.

"You don't think it could have been the Professor?" Blaise joked and Pansy elbowed him in the side.

"Possibly?" Luna added.

"I was only joking, love." Blaise chuckled softly and wrapped his arm around her slender neck, pulling her head closer and placing a soft kiss on her temple. Luna closed her eyes and sighed in content. At least they were happy.

"Okay. Moving on. Did you perhaps hit your head or something?" Ginny suggested, brushing off the idea that it had anything to do with the arrival of the new professor. That's just madness.

"Of course not, Gin. You know what? Let's just leave it at this – I can't handle this anymore." Ron said and got up from his spot on the couch. The others watched him as he slammed his room door closed behind him.

"HEY! I DID NOT SAY YOU COULD SLEEP IN THE RO –"

"Shut up, Pugsie!" Pansy blushed at his new nickname for her. Ugh. The others couldn't help but stifle a small laugh – the comedic couple.

***

"Are you okay?" Draco asked Hermione gently. He sat on the chair beside her in the infirmary. The look she held on her face was that of a traumatized child. Scared, lost and completely overwhelmed. She was still processing everything that had happened.

"Do you remember the dream we shared?" Hermione whispered. Draco nodded.

"Don't you find it strange that just after we share a dream, a new professor that looks exactly like the woman in our dream shows up and minutes after she is introduced, my best friend throws a knife at me like I'm his worst enemy?" Hermione stuttered.

"Obviously. I think we should go speak to Dumbledore." Draco suggested but Hermione immediately stopped him.

"No! Dumbledore can not know about this!" She said, referring to the connection they shared. He would possibly make a huge deal of it and then go speak to the new professor, and, if their suspicions are correct, a lot worse things could go down after that.

Draco nodded and let his head fall onto his arms in frustration. Madame Pomfrey arrived soon after.

"Oh goodness. What is it now, children." She sighed while patting down her nursing apron. The sight was indeed familiar – Hermione Granger on the sick bed with a seemingly worried Draco Malfoy by her side. She'd seen it many times before. They'd been in and out of the infirmary since Hermione's first episode.

Draco and Hermione laughed softly. Madame Pomfrey walked around the bed and up to Hermione's side to examine her from her head to her toes. The usual.

"Everything seems fine, no scratches or anything. What happened?" She asked with a frown on her face, her eyes still running over Hermione's slightly shaking form.

"Weasley threw a knife at her." Draco grunted.

"Good heavens! Why on earth would the boy do that?" Madame Pomfrey gasped. She couldn't fathom a sweet boy like Ronald Weasley throwing a knife at a girl he truly loved both as a friend and something more. It wasn't right, something was off. She would have to take it up with the Headmaster later.

"We don't know. I was able to stop the knife before it her but she is in a it of shock." Draco said in a strangely formal tone. Madame Pomfrey nodded and looked to Hermione who was dosing off with worry.

"Alright, I suppose Miss Granger should take the day off tomorrow – and I think it's best if you do too, Mr Malfoy. She could use the company." Madame Pomfrey said, aware of the tension between the two. Something like this would surely bring them closer, so why not take advantage of the situation and take the chance.

"Thank you." They said simultaneously.

Together, they entered the dark common room, taking notice of the empty couch and the loud snoring coming from Pansy and Ron's room.

"Seems Pansy's lost this battle." Draco whispered jokingly. Hermione giggle and nodded.

Perhaps tomorrow held room for new opportunities and possibilities.

________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey guys !! Thanks for reading :)

Please vote if you liked this chapter **

***

So...Dramione eh? *tehehe*

Ron? Jealous or not?

Ransy... Time we give them a chance at love?