CHAPTER 52 - When It's All Over

A/N 

Hi Guys! The story's nearing an end!! Thank you for reading, hope you enjoy the chapter <3

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lightening. Thunder. The howling of the wind. The drumming of the rain. A storm like none other made itself at home upon the grounds of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. First year students ran around, scurrying away from windows and open archways, trying to find the professors or older students. It was chaos.

"Come now! Quickly!" Slughorn yelled as loudly as he possibly could, trying to get the attention of the students who still stood frozen in the harsh weather conditions. This was no ordinary storm. No, this storm was magical – and not in the sense that makes you gasp in awe. This was dark. Dangerous.

"Draco! Where are you?" Hermione stood on the pane of a classroom window and called out over the masses of panicky students. Her eyes searched the hallway for his blonde hair but she couldn't find him. Immediately a wash of panic overtook her.

"Hermione! We've got to go! I'm sure he's okay, but if we don't move now we might get caught in the storm." Pansy grabbed Hermione's wrist as she rushed passed the line of windows. Pansy knew very well that Draco would be okay, he was a tough one.

Hermione was about to object but she realized that Pansy made a fair point so she swallowed her protests and followed the Slytherin to the stairs leading to their common room up on the eighth floor.

Strangely, none of the portkeys worked so the seventh-year students were forced to take the stairs up to the hallway of their dorm rooms. Hell was approaching and only Hermione and Draco could stop it; but to do that they needed to be together. Where is he?

When they reached the common room, Hermione gave Fred the password. He was wearing a yellow mackintosh and flowery gumboots. Really? It doesn't even rain in portraits! Hermione shook her head and the portrait swung open. Behind the closed portrait, in the common room, sat the rest of the dorm inhabitants, including Draco Malfoy. His hair as sopping wet and little drops of water ran down his pale cheeks.

Hermione ran across the room and threw her arms around him, hugging him insanely tight. She was evidently worried about the boy. Ever since their memories had returned it was as if her feelings for him, and visa versa, were amplified to infinite scales. They were inseparable.

"So...uhm...when did this happen?" Ron asked cautiously, referring to the way Hermione clung to Draco. Ginny smirked at her brother's obvious discomfort. She knew enough to know that there was more to what meets the ye going on between the two but she didn't want to pry so she rather kept her curiosity to herself.

Draco looked down at Hermione who sat cuddled up at his side with her head resting on his chest and a book in her hand with adoration. Where did she get that book anyway?

"It's a long story, Ron." Draco said, not looking at the redhead but instead at Hermione. Ron's jaw dropped as Draco used his first name. What the hell?

"Alrighty then," Luna broke the silence, "So, the storm? Something seems off about it, don't you think?" She asked while twirling the sapphire stone on her left ring finger. She was clearly proud. Blaise too, for that matter.

"I agree. Something is definitely not right about this weather. I mean, when was the last time a storm of this severity struck England, or anywhere for that matter." Harry agreed. Hermione and Draco sat quietly both running through a plan that the two of them would talk about when they got the chance. They knew vaguely what was happening. But how to stop it? That was the real question.