CHAPTER 36 - The Dream

With all thoughts of the law and the feud between each other abandoned and the worry of finding themselves in trouble forgotten, the eight children drifted away into the depths of their dreams. The moon was full, and the sky held a cluster of stars – bright and magnificent. It was quiet and still around the great castle.

Hermione fell asleep that night with the silver light of the moon shining onto her sleeping figure through the massive window beside her bed. Her mind buzzed with peculiar dreams which she shared with the white-haired boy sleeping peacefully in the bed beside hers.

Hermione's Dream

"Is this it, Your Majesty?" a man with raven black hair asked from beside Hermione. He had eyes as red as blood and a porcelain skin as white as snow. The aged man wore a black cloak, and, in his hand, he held a heart. Blood from the heart pooled on the marble floor surrounding the man as it softly thumped in the pale white hand that held it. Hermione watched as the quivering man beside him offered the heart to someone.

Seated on a large golden throne, was a beautiful woman. She had long silver hair that glistened under the dim light that shone through a magnificent window. She wore a ruby crown upon her head and her dress was made of the finest silk Hermione had ever seen. The midnight colour of her long, flowing gown was identical to her captivating eyes that shot fear into the person daring enough to get lost in their beauty. Her voice sent chills down Hermione's spine as she spoke softly.

"Oh dear, Rupus, I'm afraid not. Such a shame . . . you could have been of so much more use to me, but rules are rules, dear." The mysterious beauty said in a calm voice. Terror flooded the eyes of the man – Rupus – standing beside Hermione. He shivered and fell to his knees before the throne and begged the woman for mercy. The woman looked at him with empty eyes before nodding at a man standing in the corner of the pillared room.

A large, muscled man with broad shoulders and a stern face stepped out of the shadows and yanked the sobbing man up to his feet. Hermione recognized him from somewhere, but she could not place a finger on where exactly.

"Take him away, Stephan. I suppose Killer might want a snack. Do what you must." The woman in black said with distaste. She looked away as Rupus was dragged out of the room. His screams and sobs echoed through the hallways as he was led by the intimidating Stephan to his doom.

"Seems we have found ourselves in a rather difficult situation Hermione. What are we going to do? The heart was the one I wanted. It is up to you, child, to save us from the prophecy. You are the chosen one. Find the girl and the boy and destroy them, it's the only way to cure the curse – only you can do this. I trust you Ronald, don't let me down. Now go, there isn't much time left. You have until the next star crossing." The woman on the throne said with urgency.

Hermione gasped as she watched Ron emerge from the shadows. His eyes were no longer the blue she had grown accustomed to. No, they were no a soul-piercing scarlet that sent chills down her back.

He simply nodded his head and left the room through the great sapphire doors. He turned his head and stood paralyzed, staring right into the lifeless eyes of the failed servant who'd begged for mercy mere moments ago.

End of Dream

Hermione woke with a startled scream, panting heavily as the sweat dripped down her sticky forehead. She could feel her heart thumping franticly as she gasped, trying to catch her breath. Her lips were dry and chapped – licking them seemed to only make things worse.

The screams, the blood, the woman – it all felt so real... too real. The dream was still fresh in her mind, playing on repeat. The images were clear and bright. It was as if she had recalled an old memory that has come back to haunt her. Her body felt cold and weak – as if she was thrown into a bath of cold water.

Ronald. The chosen one.

The mysterious beauty had called him the chosen one. Ron would like the sound of that. What did that mean? Was he supposed to jump into battle and slay his best friend and her soon to be husband? Not happening. Besides, it was only dream. Her imagination was playing tricks on her again – this was not the first strange dream he'd had since the night she found out about the prophecy, but none of them had felt so real – not even remotely close.

"Granger?" A shaky voice came from beside her. Hermione turned to look at Draco, who was in a similar state as her. Sweat glistening under the moonlight, ragged breaths escaping his lips and his heart pounding relentlessly fast in his heaving chest. He sat up straight in the bed beside hers - looking just as startled as she was.

They looked at each other with wide eyes. "Did you see it? Did you see her?" Draco asked Hermione slowly, looking away to stare out of the window into the dark and empty night. Hermione gulped.

"I did," She choked out, "and I saw him  too." Draco frowned slightly and looked at her once more.

"Who?" He asked.

"The man we saw yesterday. His name was...uhm... I can't seem to rememb – "

"Stephen. His name was Stephen." Draco said absentmindedly. 

They both gasped. Covers were pulled back and feet made their way to the window. Something wasn't right. Strange things are happening – strange thing indeed and Draco and Hermione – two powerful beings – had begun their journey as the Divine Pairing.

The floor was cold beneath their feet as they made their way to their bedroom window. The floor creaked and the wind whistled through the small spaces on the windowsill. 

Both stared out of the window, looking at the vacant gardens of the school. Suddenly their eyes met the familiar scarlet orbs of the man in their dream. The eyes of the Ron they had dreamt of, it wasn't there Ron - Hermione refused to believe it. But regardless of her inner feud, one thing remained undeniably obvious;

They were being watched.

________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey guys !! Thanks for reading :)

Please vote if you liked this chapter **