CHAPTER 40 - Training With A Malfoy

A/N

Sorry for the late update!!! Hope you like the chapter!

________________________________________

When Hermione woke the next day, the common room was empty and classes had already begun. Looking out of her window, she realized that it was around 9-ish in the morning. She sighed and lay back down on her soft mattress. It had been a while since she had gotten the time to sleep in and it would be a lie if she said that she didn't enjoy it.

She closed her eyes and let her thoughts wander. The past week had been a nightmare and she wasn't sure if the days to come would be much easier. It was as if the world was unravelling piece by piece, day by day, and she could do nothing but sit and watch as everything slowly fell apart around her and her friends.

The sound of the door to her room shutting drew her buzzing thoughts back to reality and she quickly sat up, making sure to pull the plush duvet up with her to cover her body. It wasn't that she was ashamed of her PJs – actually, she loved them – but she knew that Malfoy wasn't one to consider the impact of his childish insults and jokes. She didn't have the energy to deal with that now.

"Ah, you're finally awake. I was beginning to wonder if you'd actually be getting up today." Draco said to while walking toward where she was clutching the duvet tightly around her polka-dot pyjama covered body. He smirked slightly when he noticed the way she held onto her shield - the duvet.

"I brought you some breakfast." He placed a plate of golden-brown toast with strawberry jam and eggs and bacon down in front of her. Her mouth watered at the sight and smell of the meal before her. Hermione narrowed her eyes and gave Draco a look asking, 'since when are you nice'. The corners of his pink, soft lips curved up into a tiny smile and he turned to the window, standing with his hands on his hips and looking out over the Hogwarts grounds.

"You can stop staring at me now, Granger. I didn't poison your food. Promise." He said. Hermione huffed but couldn't stop the smile that escaped and softened her serious expression.

"Thank you." She whispered and quickly dug into her food, not at all conscious about the way she was munching at her toast. "Since when are you nice, Malfoy?" She teased, secretly in genuine shock that the blonde Slytherin Prince actually had a heart.

His body, still facing away from her, shook slightly from his silent chuckle. Draco shook his head and turned to face her once more.

"I suppose it's a hidden gem in me, call it what you want, but I wouldn't get used to it." He winked at her, before pushing off the wall and walking towards the door. He opened it but paused before he walked out. "Oh, and Granger," he paused and she looked up with a tinge of strawberry jam painting the corner of her lip, "Be ready in about 15 minutes. We're going somewhere." With that said, he shut the door and left her to dress in privacy.

Hermione frowned at the closed door. Going somewhere? What the hell was he up too...

***

The two stood in front of a very familiar wall – on the seventh floor in the left corridor of the Hogwarts castle, opposite the tapestry depicting the attempt of Barnabas the Barmy to teach trolls ballet.

Hermione wore her favourite pair of black high waist leggings and her red tank top. On her feet, her converse sneakers finished the look of perfectly. She looked every inch the chic young lady. Draco was sporting something similar only his outfit was an ensemble of black on black – not much colour aside from the Slytherin-green scarf around his neck.

"Alright, Malfoy. This is the part where you tell me what the bloody hell we're doing here, standing in front of the room of requirement entrance wall." Hermione tapped her foot in annoyance as she looked up at the impossibly high ceiling. The last time she was here, the place had gone down in flames and left more scars than she cared to admit.