CHAPTER 48 - Stay With Me

A/N 

Hey Guys! Okay... Sorry it's late...

On a brighter note... I'VE ONLY GOT 3 MORE FINALS TO GO!!!!

DRAMIONE FEELS AHEAD. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. 

Also, I'm kind of running out of ideas for this story... so please, send some ideas <3

_________________________________________________

"What was that? Hermione, you could have gotten yourself killed today!" Draco yelled out while pacing around in a circle in front of Hermione, who sat quietly on a rock just watching him with wide eyes. Draco sighed deeply and then pulled her in for yet another bone crushing hug. "You have no idea how worried I was." Hermione smiled and leaned deeper into his embrace.

So... The big bad Malfoy was capable of worrying for people other than himself? Huh.

"But I'm okay now, so stop worrying." Hermione mumbled into his chest. She closed her eyes and sighed in happiness. Draco gave her a small kiss on her head and let her go but made sure to hold onto her hand. Together they sat on the rock facing each other. Draco wore a serious look now, looking at her intently.

"Hermione, we need to talk about something." Draco said. Hermione's breath caught in her throat and she looked at him attentively. "I think it's time we talk about us." Hermione drew in a sharp breath and tried to pull her hand away, but Draco only held onto it tighter, giving it a little squeeze as if telling her that everything was okay.

"Listen, Draco, I don't want you to feel like you are forced to do this. If you don't want to do it, then don't. I don't to be part of a forced relationship – despite the given circumstances." Hermione's voiced shook slightly. She avoided looking into his eyes, to afraid to see the relief in his eyes. He probably didn't really want to do this. Surely it must be because of the bloody law that he suddenly wants to start a relationship.

Draco reached up and lifted her chin up so that she was now looking into his eyes. "Hermione Granger, this is not about some pathetic law, it's not even about the bloody prophecy. Hermione, this is about you and me. This is about us. I want there to be an us, I want you to be mine Hermione. Nobody else's. And, if you'll take me, I want to be yours. I want to wake up next to you, protect you, comfort you. I want to show you that I love you each and every day, and not because we're bound by law, no, this is because what I feel for you is genuine. Hermione, will you be my girlfriend?" Draco asked, looking deeply into her eyes as he said each word. There was no hesitance, no fibs, no second thoughts or reconsiderations. Just honestly and pure, raw, beautiful emotion.

Love. Passion. Care. Adoration. Love.

Instead of giving him an answer, Hermione wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. For a moment he was frozen in shock, but it didn't take him long to kiss her back. Their lips moved in perfect sync, like they were one mind, one body, one soul.

He pulled her closer and rested his hands on her waist. Hermione surprised him when she swung her one leg over his lap and straddled him, deepening their kiss. The kiss was passionate, needy yet full of love. Possessive. A small moan escaped Hermione's lips making Draco smirk and tighten his grip around her small body and pull her closer. Impossibly close.

Her hands roamed his chest and her legs tightened around his torso, pleading for something more. He pulled away and rested his forehead against hers, looking into her chocolate eyes. Hermione's breathing was rapid and her cheeks rosy with the burn of love and lust.

"What are you doing to me, Granger." He bit his lip and smiled softly. Hermione giggled and kissed him again, this time it was only a peck, which made him pout and long for more of her.