16

Namjoon's POV

"Be careful Ash,"

I turned around when I heard Jimin's frantic voice, a smile immediately emerging on my face as the view before me warms up my chest.

Seeing Jimin so happy with his child makes me feel so proud. It's been what, almost eight years? He had been married for so long sometimes I keep forgetting that he's part of our maknae line.

I was there. I was there the entire time he was struggling. From being a trainee, almost not debuting, and keeping his sanity together to keep his marriage with Chaeyoung.

And now they have this wonderful ball of sunshine that kept both our teams together.

Now that the whole world already knew of his existence, all that is left is for us to reveal our own relationships.

And then it hit me, Kaizan...

I just sent a message to Joohyun about my plan to propose to Zan. Aside from my members and Blackpink, she's the closest that I can consider as a friend.

I didn't know how it started. She's very close to Jennie and I see her from time to time. Or maybe during that night, when I saw her at that bookstore I usually hang out with.

That night I found out that we have things in common and somehow, I just found myself enjoying her companion.

Joohyun is a very reserved person. She doesn't really talk that much but maybe that was it. I feel at ease with just her presence. It feels easier to talk with her.

The memory of that night was still fresh on my mind.

I was struggling and was barely holding it in. Everything just keeps on piling up and I just can't take it.

I wasn't supposed to call her. But I did. Because deep inside, I know she'll listen. She won't judge me and I know I can trust her. And I'm glad I did because her words definitely made me feel better.

I'm just so glad I have her.

"Was that Jin hyung?" we both turned our attention towards the back door where the undeniable figure of our eldest hyung just came in. It's almost nine pm and we don't have any schedule for the week.

"Hyung..." I called for him and he barely noticed us.

"Hyung..." Jimin called again and that's when Jin hyung turned towards our direction. My brows furrowed at his reaction.

"Is there something wrong??" I asked the moment he reached our place, he just patted both Jimin and I's shoulder.

"None. I'm just tired of helping out hyung at the restaurant. I'm gonna go and take a rest, okay?"

He did not even bother waiting for our response but headed inside.

Jimin frown. "He's going to take a rest, then why is he coming inside my house instead of the next unit?"

I laughed at his words.

BTS and BLACKPINK almost live in his house. I don't know but it has become a habit that even though we practically live next door and the rest of BP have their own dorms, we usually hang out here.

"Let him be. You know he plays with Ash before he sleeps," I stated and he scowled. Part of the reason why Ash sleeps late was because of us too.

Just then I saw Taehyung walking just behind Jimin. He was on his pajamas and was scratching his head. It's very obvious that he just woke up. I shake my head a little.

He was walking around with a phone on his hand.

"Oh, hyung, isn't Kaizan supposed to be here tomorrow?" he asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah?" I answered.

He walked forward while scratching his tummy.

"Weird. She's trending online. It says here fans saw her at the airport thirty minutes ago," he added and my brows furrowed even more.

Kaizan is quite known to a few fans because there are pictures of her online with the girls. Plus, a few of our fans believe she's a girlfriend of one of the boys.

I pulled my phone from my pocket to check and indeed, there were photos of her online.  Even with a mask and a cap on, there's no doubt that was Kaizan.

I thought her flight was not until tomorrow afternoon?

"What's happening?" Jimin looked at me confused, even taking out his own phone.

"Well, maybe she wanted to surprise you? Oops, I shouldn't have told you!" Taehyung gasped and I scowled.

Just when I was about to dial her number, my phone's screen flashes telling me that I am getting an incoming call from her.

A smile immediately emerged on my face.

"Baby I-" my words were cut short when an unfamiliar voice rang into my ears.

I saw Jimin raising an eyebrow and Taehyung's giddy expression.

"I'm sorry to call at this time but do you know the owner of this phone?"

My stomach started churning and the ringing in my ears started, the loud beating of my heart can be heard.

There was a lot of noise in the background and I gulped.

"Yes, ma-" I cleared my throat out of nervousness, "May I know who this is?"

"We're calling in from Seoul General Hospital. The owner of the phone got into an accident and all we saw was her passport and her phone. If you can head straight here immediately and call her immediate family, we'll appreciate it a lot,"

My hand landed on my side. It was as if everything stopped. The world stopped moving and so was the beating of my heart.

My chest tightened and I can feel my throat hurting.

Everything's a blur. I don't even understand what Jimin and Taehyung were asking.

I was out of focus for a moment and I wasn't sure if it was Jimin or Taehyung who took my phone.

"Kaizan..." I whispered. My hands reached for anything to keep me supported as I try to keep my shit together.

Kaizan, she needs me.

"I have to go to her,"  I told to myself, "She needs me!" I was so frantic but Jimin grabbed me by the hand.

"Hyung,  we're going together. I'm driving. You can't drive at this state,"

I was shaking.

I didn't know what he and Taehyung talked about but I saw Tae quickly heading inside.

I didn't even notice the tears that are streaming down my cheeks.

God, please let her be safe.

We were so quick to get the car and in my entire life, I was the one who never breaks the rules but this time, I almost begged Jimin to gas the pedal and fly the goddamn car to where she is.

Not even once did I pray like I was hanging with my dear life.

Kaizan, she's one of the best gifts that had come to my life. We've gone through thick and thin. I can't lose her. Not like this.

No, please...baby, wait for me...