21

Irene's POV

"Hi..." I started. My voice cracked a little but I tried composing myself. I sat beside Kaizan's bed and gently held her hand.

They said people on a coma can hear her surroundings. So here I am, wishing I'd knock some sense out of her.

"Please wake up," I silently pleaded. My eyes wander on Namjoon's direction. He was sleeping on the couch and I used this chance to stay with Kaizan.

Ever since I came here, I have never gone that close to her. But now, seeing her like this, I can fully understand why Namjoon fell for her.

Her face would put a few idols into shame. And even with a few bruises on her face, one can't easily deny how magical her face looked like. No wonder he got Namjoon swept on his feet.

Like Helen of Troy, her face can launch a thousand ships.

"Namjoon... He's losing it. He can't lose you,"

I gently massaged her hand. "You know, I feel jealous of you,"

I stopped filtering myself. It doesn't matter if she hears me or not. But if she does, at least she'll know that there are people who wait for her.

"You have Namjoon, he really loves you," my lips quiver at the words coming out of my lips.

As much as it hurts, the truth is the only thing that I can't change at this point.

"You're so lucky to have such a man,  a man who would never look at another girl but you. A man, who despite all of his responsibilities, still plans his future with you on it. A man who's loved by so many but chooses to love you. You're goddamn lucky. You don't even know how much I wish I was you. But that's impossible. I don't think he'll be able to love another person in this lifetime, the same way he loves you..."

I wiped the tear I didn't know was already flowing down my cheeks.

God, I didn't know it'll be this hard. To face the person who owns the heart of the person you love.

"For the sake of Namjoon, for your love, please wake up..." I whispered. My hands tightened its grip over his.

Please... I whispered to myself.

"If I can replace you, I would, if that's what it takes for that man out there to be happy..." I added.

God, you're here lying on a hospital bed, with bruises and all but I feel like you're a hundred times luckier than I am.

Just when I was about to stand up, my heart almost leaps out of my chest when I felt her hand moved over mine.

My eyes snapped back on her direction and saw how her eyes started to move,  her grip on my fingers still firm.

"Kaizan?" I called for her name in surprise.

Her lips were moving as if she was trying to say something.

"Kaizan?!" my voice got louder and I heard Namjoon speaking.

"Hey..." Namjoon woke up and I looked at him.

"I think she's waking up," I said in a panic, and Namjoon ran straight outside to call for a nurse and a doctor.

I turned my head back to Kaizan and saw how her eyes were now open. Our eyes met and I was at a loss for a moment.

She was whispering something so I leaned a little.

Just when she was able to utter the word, the doctors came and I was slightly pulled out away from me.

Namjoon was on her side and he was leaning towards her, probably listening to what she was telling him too.

But what she told me almost made me lose my shit.

I wasn't sure what to feel.

"Love him, stay with him, make sure he lives, and love..."

Fuck.