28

Irene's POV

Beep!

I turned my head over my side when I heard the sound of my phone indicating that I have received a message.

After one final brush on my hair, I reached for my phone and a smile automatically escaped my lips as I saw the name written on the screen.

Joon

After our little breakdown two weeks ago, it has been a habit of us to communicate. It was like we were back to how we were before.

That night after we both cry, he leads me to his studio and let me listen to the songs he had written for Kaizan.

At first, I was hesitant. Knowing how much he loves her has been so hard for me and I honestly didn't think it was a good idea for me to further dwell into his pain of losing her. But the way he told me about it like he would be happy if I listen to them melts my heart.

I'm weak if it's him.

So I went with the flow. I listened to his songs and to be honest, I was glad I did because the songs were so beautiful. Though most of them were obviously sad, it's still obvious how meaningful the songs were.

So he showed me how to write songs, how he made them -  the structure, the process, everything. He showed me everything and I was amazed about the fact that he was able to do these things on his own.

After all that has happened, Jennie came to me and talked with me. She explained how everyone was worried and that's when I realized that they noticed, they noticed.

Does Namjoon know too?

Even so, I was so glad they were being concerned, asking me to stop whatever I was doing to keep me from getting hurt because they are worried but I told her it was ok and that wanted this

I told her I am willing to stay with him until he gets better and I will in no way blame them for whatever is about to happen.

I'm ready for this. I've come to accept the fact that Namjoom will love her forever but if I can help him get better, I a willing to risk my heart and get hurt again.

I am ready for everything and this is my decision.

I bit my lower lip before I headed to my bed.  I honestly just got home from a meeting at the office for our individual schedules.

Quickly, I started tapping on my phone for a response. He was talking about how Taehyung walked into his studio and started playing the piano. He knows how the boys were worried about him.

"Tae is being sweet. Let him take care of you," I responded.

After everything, I think he is lucky enough to have friends like them who are willing to do everything for him.

In no time, I received a response from him.

"Well, he's the best at taking care of me but I can literally feel Jennie's presence in a minute, 5 bucks she's coming to collect her guy in ten,"

I laughed at his message but before I can even answer, I received another message.

"Fuck, I should have said five. And he's out,"

The entire night, a smile was just plastered on my lips.

I hope we can stay like this, talk and chat with each other like we have no problems to face.

I hope we can be both happy. That isn't too much to ask, is it?