40

I'm not really in the mood to write but I can't help but type while watching. Sorry but the update may have been affected by my mood a little. I apologize in advance.

Additionally, this chapter is dedicated to Karisma Nicole. Hope you enjoy reading :)

--------

Irene's POV

"Wait, can you repeat that?" I asked incredulously. I was called earlier today and now I am faced to face with one of the executives in our office. I think she works in Marketing so I kinda wonder why she was the one briefing me.

"To make it simpler, in order to focus on your solo, you have to do this. Plus, it's not like it's been so long. You can find someone better. I mean, in a few years, you'll meet an even better looking and charming pers-"

"No," I cut her off before she can even finish her sentence. My jaw tightening, my heart pounding inside like crazy.

I can't believe she just said that. I can't believe he just mocked the person I love, my feelings, and our relationship.

What the actual fuck is this?

"Excuse me?" the executives looked at me astonished, probably shocked at what I just said yet my face remained emotionless.

Her lips were parted and the changes on her demeanor make me realize how I have caught her off-guard too.

Just because she's an executive doesn't mean I need to follow what she says. After all that had happened in our group recently, I've learned to identify and filter the things I need to comply with. I won't let her eat my confidence and dictate what I can and cannot do.

Not this time.

"I said I won't. I've always followed the company protocols and as far as I can remember, my dating ban has already been lifted," I responded, my voice flat, not showing any emotion. If I want this to work, I have to be firm about this.

She looked bewildered at my response, her back leaning against the chair as she crosses her arms. My eyes caught my manager's nervous glance but I gave no reaction.

They can tell me things I need to do, attend shows on places I don't wanna go or work on outfits I'm not comfortable to wear, but I won't do the one thing that would ruin me.

I won't break up with Namjoon just because they told me so.

It doesn't work like that.

"I'm sorry but I don't think you're getting the point, Miss Bae," she shifted from her seat and I didn't respond, at least allowing her to continue.

"It's a company decision. We can't release your solo until you break up with him. People will speculate about your relationship and it will affect our sales and stocks," she explained as if what she just said is the most logical answer to all of my questions.

They had shown me photos of me going out of Bangtan's house and one of them shows Namjpon kissing me on the cheeks just before I ride the company car.

It was taken in the back entrance where there was a driveway so I don't actually understand how they get it. They must have been in a very high place in order to be able to take the photo and that means it was deliberately made.

Yeah, right. They were thinking about the sales but they didn't bother to ask me if it's a relationship that I'm willing to sacrifice, if I will be okay breaking up with my boyfriend or if it's already a serious thing.

As much as I would like to deny it, some of us, idols, enter a relationship just for the sake of being one. Sometimes a simple attraction leads people to this kind of situation.

But Namjoon and I's relationship isn't like that. It's not something the company can decide for. Whether we break up or not, we get to decide it for ourselves, and not a stuck up executive will make me do so.

I'm just so tired of it all. Our group activities have already been compromised and my members are all suffering.

I've followed all of their rules in the past. They have to give me this.

I folded my hands and look at her apologetically. I don't really wanna be rude but I want to send my message across clearly.

"As far as I remember, I've earned my rights to make decisions and that includes dating whenever I want and whoever I want. Besides, the public doesn't know we are dating. You're just jumping into conclusions on how the public will react knowing that he produced my solo," I answered. "If you have these photos, I'm guessing someone has sent them to you and that you've already done something about it. Or the company is behind this,"

Her lips twitched upward and I'm not liking her one bit.

Yeah, I don't like her.

"We've been in this industry longer than you are. We are just making contingency plans even before a problem arises. Plus, you've chosen this field. You know there are things you need to give up at some point" she added slyly.

My eyes twitched a little.

Again, I don't like what they said.

"Your relationship will cause everyone problems,"

My brows furrowed. Why were they anticipating problems when they should be focusing more on how to improve other things. I heard they haven't decided where to shoot the video yet as my song has just been recently approved.

My eyes closed for a moment, remembering the moments I had to endure while loving Namjoon from afar.

I remember the tears I had shed because I am in pain as I allow him happiness.

All those pain...

So no. I won't let things go downhill between the two of us.

I look at her closely, my eyes drifting from my manager back to her.

"I respect your experience being in this industry but sadly, you've never experienced being the idol in a relationship. I'm not even sure you have ever been in a relationship before,"

Now that Namjoon and I are finally together, not them or even my boss Lee So Man can make me break up with him.

She looked taken aback for a moment.

"You're not the idol, and you're not the one in the relationship. I understand you're doing this to protect me and the company but it goes sideways. Making me break up with him will not help me. I'm telling you this now so the company would understand. My relationship with him is very serious and should not be taken lightly. I want you to know that if you continue to pressure me into following that order, you're going to lose something bigger," I stared at her intently before standing.

"Me..."

After telling those words, I turned around and left.

My knees were shaky and I'm having a hard time breathing as well.

Just when I reach outside, I reached for the wall and tried to walk calmly until I was able to turn and enter the restroom.

I locked the door immediately and leaned on it for support.

Namjoon...

My hand reached for my chest as I try to even my breathing.

I won't give him up.  Not ever.