30

Irene's POV

"Hey... I told you that you can take a rest and skip work for today..." I saw Namjoon pouting. He was sitting on his chair while I sat on the couch, my back leaning a little so I can rest my back.

My week had been so busy. We have guestings every now and then plus the occasional shoots that we have for cfs and other magazines.

I would have used this day to rest but I would be lying to myself if I say I don't miss him.

The past three weeks, I've only seen him once. He'd call me sometimes to check up on me because he's naturally that kind, or I'd call him to ask if he's doing okay. Of course, on my end, I do it because I want to hear his voice.

I don't video call him because that is so boyfriend-girlfriend thingy and I don't wanna indulge myself to that thought either. Imagine his shock if I suddenly go giddy and started squealing just because I find him so adorable.

Namjoon, he's getting better. He no longer locks himself inside his studio but goes out with the guys sometimes. I knew because the first time he did, Jennie called me hyperventilating telling me the boys were static when Namjoon asked them to go and eat out.

It was obviously the start. These days, I don't see him moping around crying too. The beats of his sampler had changed from melodramatic back to how they used to be.

Even Yoongi gave me a curt nod when Namjoon asked him to listen to the first batch of songs he made.

All in all, Namjoon was getting better. But there are times when I'd see him staring at the stars at night. He'd stay at the same spot and close his eyes.

I knew he was talking to her. I mean, he said he was used to telling Kaizan the things he did for the day.

And I was okay.

It hurt sometimes but I wasn't expecting anything. I wasn't here to make him love me. I am here to help him cope with everything. And I'm glad there was progress.

I know in the end, this might wreck me. From time to time, Jennie checks up on me. It's funny how everyone excepts Namjoon knows my feelings about him which is good because I don't want him to feel bad about it.

"It's fine," I tried putting a smile on my face but he looked unamused. He titled his head a little and I grin.

We had gotten so close he even scolds me from time to time if he thinks I'm being too much.

"Take a rest then. You can sleep there and I'd wake you up later,"

"What? No," I answered before crouching a little, reaching for the back of my leg to massage it. My muscles felt a little sore due to wearing heels and I had to stand for so long the last time.

I didn't know he was staring at me that when I lifted my gaze, I saw how his brows furrowed.

"You know what, I know you'd be so hardheaded," he stated, shaking his head a little.

Slowly, I watch as he stood up and walked towards our direction.

"Come here," he stated as he sat beside me.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

Instead of answering, he crouched down and reached for my legs.

"Yah!" I exclaimed, flustered at the sudden action but he just laughed at my reaction.

"Stop being stubborn and let me do this. Now lie down young lady and let me do my thing. Don't worry, you're in the hands of an expert," he winked and my heart almost dropped on the floor.

I was wearing pants so technically, he wasn't touching my skin except for my feet and I had no choice but to lean back until I was already lying down, my head now resting on the armrest.

"You don't need to do that, you know..." I pouted and he just scowled.

I felt him gently massaging my feet.

Oh wow. He wasn't lying when he said he was an expert because he is. My eyes automatically closed. I didn't know I was this exhausted until now.

My body started relaxing at his touch.

His hands were expertly relieving my muscle sores and I can't help but moan.

Somehow, it felt I was slowly drifting away from my own consciousness that I wasn't sure I fully got what he said next.

"You're working too hard. You can skip coming here if you have too much on your plate. Joohyun, you can listen to the songs some other time..."

I moan in response, my eyes still closed. I heard him grunted but I didn't bother opening my eyes.

What did he say?

"I wanted..." I answered.

"To see you...." I whispered before I felt myself losing my consciousness and fell asleep.