36

Irene's POV

The moment our lips parted, my eyes widened. I took a quick glance in him and the glint in his eyes shows how he wasn't expecting what I just did.

Silence filled the room and the only sound I can hear was the loud beating of my heart it's almost deafening my ears.

How do I walk away from this situation? Should I pretend that I just accidentally slipped forward and our lips touched? Should I fake a cough?

Holy shit! What should you do Joohyun?!

For more than a minute, nobody spoke. Our eyes were locked with each other and the fact that he wasn't backing away made me lose all of my shits.  It was as if he was still processing what just happened.  From the corner of my eyes, I saw Yoongi walking casually going outside like he didn't see anything. Thank God.

I gulped.

Oh fuck.

Suddenly, his eyes bored into mine. The beating of my heart is too loud I was afraid that maybe he can hear it.

Oh God! My mind is going frenzy that I started praying that the ground actually opened so I'd fall on the pit of darkness. I don't want anybody to find me.

Why are you so careless Joohyun?

"Ahm, I think I need to go..." I whispered.

Without even thinking, I pushed him a little and went autopilot as I start walking straight out of the kitchen.

"Leave Joohyun. Right, that's what I should be doing," I whispered to myself. I must have gone crazy to start talking to myself.

Too overwhelmed, I was brisk walking.

I need to leave!

I was almost running to where the direction of the door is when I heard Yoongi speaking.

Fuck.

He was sitting on the couch in the living room with a phone on his hand. He was typing something and I wonder if he's messaging his girlfriend.

I felt my body stiffened. He wasn't even looking at me but why do I feel like he was watching my every move?

"Running away I see..." he mumbled. I stopped from my tracks and stared at him.

It's easy for him to say those things.

I sigh. There's no point in denying what happened. I know Yoongi isn't that stupid to fall for whatever reason I give. By this time I knew all of them probably knew how I feel.

So I had no choice.

"Please don't tell anyone what you saw," I was begging, I know. I wasn't that close with him but I don't feel that uncomfortable with him either.

He lifted his gaze off his phone and I saw how he raised his eyebrows.

"Why can't you face him? You caught him off-guard. It's not nice to run away after sneaking a kiss on someone like that," he smirked and I felt my cheeks burning. Goddamn, these boys.

Is this why Chaeyoung often go to him?

My eyes darted towards the direction of the kitchen and were afraid Namjoon would suddenly come out. I don't think I have the guts and confidence to look at him now.