33

Irene's POV

Lord, make a hole on the floor now and I'd willingly jump right into it. I was praying for my soul as I stood before him. He was looking at my direction and my cheeks were burning red.

Way to go Joohyun.

My limbs got numb as our eyes met.

Good gracious.

Why do I have to see him like this?

His hair was disheveled, eyes not yet fully opened yet I almost lost my wits when I saw him wet his lower lip.

I will definitely kill Jennie for this.

"What are you doing here?"

Oh right. It was as if I was broken off my trance. Thank God the tray on my hand did not slip, his raspy bedroom voice wasn't of help either.

I tried avoiding his gaze and avoiding his body before trying to move forward.

"Ahm, I just brought you food. I heard you were sick," I told him and I saw him try to sit on his bed.

"Hey..." I whispered. I put down the tray on his bedside table.

Once settled, he grabs a shirt beside him and put it on, something I wasn't sure if I am grateful for or not.

He massaged his temple before looking at my direction.

He smiled timidly and I did the same.

"Thanks. Did the guys bothered you again?" he asked and I shake my head. As much as I would like to kill Jennie for this, I know I'm still thankful at her sorry ass for telling me.

Soft chuckles escaped his lips before shaking his head.

"They did," he pouted and I smiled even more. He knew his friends too much.

I reached for the chair and sat in front of him. Though I can't really look at Namjoon that long, I can't let him skip his meals.

"You need to eat so you can drink meds," I told him before reaching for the congee that Jennie gave me.

"You don't have to do this," he told me and I raised my eyebrows.

"They said you're rejecting food so I'm not gonna leave until you finish this," I bravely told him. My hands were probably shaking but who cares?

I heard him chuckle so I looked at his direction. He was already sitting facing me front, his legs parted as his elbows rested on them for support.

"I am not rejecting food. I simply deny those food made by either Taehyung or Jungkook because those were a product of their experiments and me being sick doesn't need to be sent to the hospital for food poison," he explained and my jaw dropped on the floor.

Those bastards.

Slowly, I put down the bowl of congee back on the tray

"And I actually think I felt better since earlier this morning. Sorry if I worry you," he added and his smile melted me inside.

Damn. What now Irene?

And then I remembered what Jennie told me earlier.

"Jennie said you were calling for me. Do you have something to tell to me?"

My heart was beating erratically. God knows how many illnesses I could have right now because I always feel this type of rush, all because of him.

"I did?" he responded, confusion showing in his face. I felt my heart shattered into pieces.

Of course, why would he even ask for me?

I pouted a little but didn't bother answering.

I guess he's already fine.

"I see," I tried to sound happy and I hope my voice didn't betray me. As much as I want to spend the day with him, I know he needs to rest and I don't want to invade his privacy.

"I think I need to go. You should rest and eat. And yeah, don't try anything those kids made for you. You might really end up in the hospital and we don't want that," I tried to make the mood lighter and I saw him smile.

"Did Jennie asked you to come here? God, I hope you didn't have to ditch any schedule to come here," he sounded worried as I stood up. I smiled at him sincerely.

I'd run to where you are if I have to. Not even a performance in the middle of an awards night can't stop me. I wanted to tell him that but I didn't.

"Nope. I'm a free bird until the day after tomorrow so you don't have to worry. No harm is done. I'll leave you then,"

Just when I turned, I felt something stopping me from the hand. It was as if electricity run through me and I felt jolts within.

Goddamn it.

I was quick to turn around and saw that he was holding my hand. It was warm but in a comforting way.

Our eyes met and I swear I saw something different.

Something I wasn't sure of.

"Then stay with me Joohyun. Don't leave..." he whispered.

I died.

Charr haha don't kill me 😂😂😂😂😂