31

Irene's POV

"Unnie..." I turned my attention towards my right when I heard Wendy calling for my name.

"Hmmm?" I answered. We were at our dorm as we take a rest. Seulgi was in the middle of our living room doing her Yoga. Yeri was in the kitchen, finding something to eat.

I crossed my leg as I sat on the couch. We were watching some movie.

"When will you go see Namjoon? I wanna tag along so I can play with Ashie," she cooed and I shake my head in response. She's so soft for that kid.

One time, Taehyung was in a panic because Wendy and Ashie played with Yeontan and the poor dog almost ended up hairless. They were about to give him a trim but we all know Wendy isn't someone you give that kind of task.

"After what you did last time, I'm pretty sure I saw a sign on their door that says, "Wendy, do not enter", I teased and she scowled.

Yeri, who just came in, was also laughing at what I said. Even Seulgi stopped on what she was doing.

"C'mon, let me tag along! Can't I have a good time with baby Ashton while you see tour boyfriend?" she teased and I almost choke on my saliva. My eyes widened in instant and Seulgi went on full mode laughing.

My lips opened and closed in shock. Yeri was doubling at my reaction.

"Namjoon and I are not dating!" I exclaimed before throwing a pillow to Wendy which she was able to dodge.

"Unnie, she never said Namjoon oppa's name," Yeri chimed in and my cheeks blushed even more.

What the heck?

"So the fish is finally caught on her own mouth," Seulgi raised her eyebrow. She was smirking as if she really caught me redhanded.

"Yah!" I exclaimed, a loss for words. They were all shaking their heads.

Did they all think Namjoon and I were dating?

Was I that transparent?

"We are not dating!" I tried telling them but no one pays attention.

"Yeah, tell that to Ashton and see if even the kid would believe," Wendy uttered and I felt my cheeks burning red.

Oh my God. Since when have they been thinking like this?

I covered my face with a cushion in embarrassment.

Oh, God.

"Fine. You two weren't dating but don't even deny that you have feelings for the guy," Seulgi added and I pouted.

There's no sense in telling otherwise as I can see that they already knew.

"Since when did you guys knew?" I asked and Yeri shrugged her shoulders.

"Since the day you hugged him at the hospital? I mean, you're Bae Joohyun. You won't stay with him the entire time and worry for him like that if he wasn't important to you," she answered.

"He's a friend," I tried to reason out but Wendy was quick to cut me off.

"I've seen how you look at him. And when you got so silent after she was gone and distanced yourself, we all knew something's up,"

I was shut off at what she said.

During those times, I was trying to keep myself together. I was trying to save myself.

But again, I really just can't let him live like he's not living at all.

Seulgi stared at me for a moment and somehow, I started to get so conscious.

"Does he know about your feelings?" she asked and my gaze fell on my lap, I shook my head in response.

I heard them sigh.

"You do know what you're doing right now might hurt you in the end, right? There's no guarantee that he'll love you too. Kaizan left a big mark on his heart no woman can easily replace that," she added. I bit my lower lip.

"I know, but I wasn't trying. I mean, I am not expecting him to love me in return. Right now, I'm happy to be with him," I answered. "as a friend..."

I almost choke at my last words but I tried keeping it together.

I wanted to say that they were wrong about something.

This will not hurt me in the end.

I had been hurting ever since I found out some lucky girl already had his heart.

And watching him smile, get hurt, and mourn for someone hurts me.

They were wrong about everything. This won't wreck me in the end.

Coz I already was since forever.