18

Kaizan's POV

"...can't be blaming yourself, hyung,"

A soundless groan went out of lips.... I wasn't sure but my throat felt dry.

Water, I need water.

But I still feel so sleepy...

"Baby, please..."

There it was. I heard his voice again.

Namjoon?

I tried to open my eyes, but it was pitch black. Where am I? I turned around but there was nothing. What's happening to me?

A tear escape my eyes. What's happening?

My feet started taking steps. I was running. I kept running to God knows where but it's unending. It was pitch black.

"Namjoon!!!!!" I tried screaming. Do you hear me?

"Mom! Dad?!" It's too dark here. I'm so afraid. I hugged my own body to calm myself.

Panic rose inside me. I can't hear my voice. Am I alive?

And then, a sudden pain on my head made me wince. 

Why does it hurt?

"Do something! Oh my God! Kaizan, we're here. Mom and Dad are here," I heard voices crying.

Mom? Why were you crying? I'm here Mom.

But there was pain once again.

"Oh my God!!!! Doctor!!!"

People were screaming and suddenly, I felt like drowning.

Am I going to die?

I don't know what's happening but the voices started to fade and I wasn't sure if I am still conscious or not...

"Zan... He's a mess. I know I shouldn't be telling this to you but please, for him, for us, come back to us please..."

It was Chaeyoung. She was crying.

Did something happen to me? Why do I hear only their voices?

I didn't know how long I was here.

Occasionally, I can hear unfamiliar voices. There was one time I was sure I heard Ashton calling my name.

I'm here. Why can't they see me?

"Baby... Please wake up," my stomach churn at the sound of Namjoon's voice. 

Was he hurt? Why is he crying?

"Fuck, I don't even know if you can hear me," he sound devastated and it hurts.

I want to reach out to him,  to tell him that it's okay. That everything will be fine like always. "I'm here Namjoon."

And then there was a blinding light. Visions started to appear in front of me. The car, the highway, even the sound of my own scream while the car flips multiple times. My hands reached for my head.

It hurts...

"Nurse!!!!! I need help!!!!"

People are shouting once again. I can't tell who they were but one voice caught my attention.

It wasn't because her voice sounded beautiful. But because she sounded sincere and in pain too.

"Namjoon... Breathe... She will be okay..."

The way she whispered Namjoon's name... It was familiar.

That's how my Mom calls dad...

Who are you?