Abnormal tracking.

Special Thanks to OliviaTheKat for contributing to this story. Also, since it has been quite a while since I've played the game/updated this story, I might be rusty on their personalities. My apologies.  ;n;

Hank sat in his seat, finally taking his decision. "I think...We should go back and track them." He said, standing up and looking at his partners.

Connor, who was slightly disappointed by the man's decision, re-adjusted his tie while maintaining a straight, almost stiff posture. He opened his mouth in protest, but quickly closed it, knowing that his words would not phase the stubborn Lieutenant.

You followed the pair out of the DPD, a steady bounce to your step.

***

4:26 PM. 

The car ride was silent. Apart from the rock music being played from the radio at a low volume. Connor was stuck in his mind palace, either talking to Amanda or simply thinking about the upcoming 'case'.

Going back to the Eden club made you feel almost scared. Worry or resent were words you would also use to describe that particular feeling. Memories flashed back, reminding you of Traci and the almost fatal wounds Connor had to experience. It left a mark in you. Not physically, but mentally, emotionally.

Software instability ^

***

Arriving at the Eden club, you got out of the car, along with hank and Connor.  as you entered, you saw all the androids used for sexual activities. 

it triggered something inside you, and seemingly, it definitely bothered Connor too. we headed straight to the back, right where we had taken a thorough beating. Through your mind palace, you saw the thorium, splattered all over the snow, the brick walls, everywhere.

connor looked almost..disturbed. Hank, who was quietly roaming around the area, stopped next to Connor. "Alright. What's our next move?" he asked, in an almost demanding manner.  "We should investigate on the other side of the fence," Connor replied, looking up at Anderson. 

the lieutenant only nodded, turning his heel to go back to the entrance of the building. 

he heard a thud coming from behind him, and once he noticed that he wasn't being followed, he looked behind, only to see Connor and you standing behind the metal fence, looking at the Lieutenant in confusion. 

"Oi! why aren't you idiots following me?" Hank yelled, a low, annoyed growl escaping his mouth soon after. 

* follow hank

*Stay with Connor <<

"We were going to investigate here, no?" you asked, earning an even more perplexed stare out of the lieutenant. after all, Connor and you where already on the other side, it would be faster for hank to climb to the other side too, right?

 "Yeah, that's where I was going!" He huffed. "And before you say anything, I am not climbing that fence!" he continued, furrowing his eyebrows. 

hank v

"Why is that? are you afraid of heights--"   "NO! " hank cut Connor in the mid-way into his sentence, making him flinch a bit. from the corner of your eye, you saw his led flash red, then yellow. "I'll just see you on the other side," Hank yelled as he walked further away from both of you. you looked at Connor, as he soon returned the glance. 

"We should start looking around." Connor cleared his throat, almost automatically. you agreed with a nod, looking around as he suggested. You saw droplets of thirium here and there, which of course, were already evaporated. 

many footprints, some tainted in thirium, lead to the main city. You peaked out of the alleyway, staring off into the distance. your eyes bored into the mist that was cast upon the streets.

how did they walk for such a long distance without being noticed? and could we find 'Jericho' by following these clues? we would need to prepare just in case we would need to go undercover.

you thought, your led turning yellow.

"  you're right, we're probably going to need to prepare before trying to go in Jericho. " a voice interrupted your thoughts. 

you turned to the source of the sound, Connor. you looked at him, furrowing your eyebrows.

"Pardon?" you said, your eyes narrowing. 

"You said that we needed to prepare before going to Jericho." 

You were confused, did you really say that out loud? No, you were fairly sure you didn't. 

before anything could be added onto the conversation, Hank finally arrived. "Any clues?" Anderson's voice boomed, making Connor's and your head snap towards him.

"Yes. We...We did. We were noticed that footsteps lead to the city, so we deduced that we could find Jericho by following them. But if there are multiple deviants, we would need to go undercover as not to be spotted. We would need to adjust our clothing and form of speaking to not raise any suspicion, and therefore, find out about said place discreetly." You rambled on, the stare you held on hank eventually making him uncomfortable.

Connor agreed silently, turning to hank for his approval. 

"Yeah, that, uh...That's sounds good." Hank gave you a bizarre look, before turning his gaze towards Connor.

"let's head back. we'll continue this tomorrow." The lieutenant stated,  nodding to himself as he returned his gaze back to you, showing that he was also talking to you. 

And with that, the three of you walked back to the car, ready to head back to the DPD. 

end of chapter!!

Man! so happy I finally finished this chapter! took me so long because I sort of faded out of the fandom. Sorry again! hopefully, this story will soon shift out from the real storyline.  I apologize that this chapter was short and that the personalities weren't consistent, my bad! but I'm getting into the groove of things. 

And huge thanks to @OliviaTheKat for pushing me back into continuing this story!

See you in the next one.

972 Words.