The Mom, The Dad and The Little Girl.

You sat on a chair next to Connor while he was being tended to. From what the android nurse told you, he had managed to break one his biocomponents on his lower abdomen. 

He had to be temporarily shut-down. Mostly because androids don't handle having their biocomponents removed very well. 

 You watched him as the nurse carefully inserted a brand new biocomponent in his abdomen. If Connor kept this up, we'd run out of biocomponents pretty quick! He's already gone through two in a single day.

You looked out of the small enclosed space they used to treat any of the damage these deviants got. Oddly enough, Jericho did have a cozy atmosphere.

 Maybe it was the fact that they used fire to illuminate most of this place or maybe it's because so many of these deviants were holding each other, trying to eradicate all fear that loomed in the back of their minds, much like a big, black spider. 

A spider that kept whispering to them, all of their worries and doubts. It was admirable, the fact that they came all this way despite their existence being hated on.

You thought about the small group of deviants that joined you on your journey to Jericho. How would they feel if they found out you and Connor weren't deviants? Your heart ached, it felt like your heart fell into an unforeseeable abyss of guilt. 

The promise you made to Ralph and the promise you made to Connor conflicted each other.

No android is supposed to care about other androids and it is not normal for an android to deviate. But on the other hand, you promised to Ralph you would protect him.

Your bad decisions were tucked away by your excuses that eased your guilt.

'I only made a promise to benefit us. If I hadn't consoled Ralph, we couldn't have gotten to Jericho.' 

'Am I getting too close to Connor? No- I promised him we wouldn't deviate. I promised myself I wouldn't deviate.'

What have you gotten yourself into? Pleasing other people have seemed to have gotten you in a hole. Your excessive kindness hasn't given you anything, apart from the fact that Cyberlife can track you to Jericho. But, that isn't giving you anything apart from the 'satisfaction' of clearing a task.

"Hello?" A hand waved in front of your face, snapping out of your thoughts.

You turned to Markus, his stern yet compassionate stare looking back at you.

"Yes?"

"Tell me, you're that new detective, right? The one that joined Connor?" Markus crossed his arms, already skeptical.

"Excuse me?- Sorry to interrupt, but I just wanted to update you on Connor." She looked at you and Markus hesitantly, hoping to continue. You glanced at Markus before nodding. 

"Yes- Okay, so...Since he lost a lot of blood, he's still going to be in a temporary shutdown while we get enough thirium back in his body. The whole biocomponent thing is fixed, so we don't have to be worried about that, okay?" She smiled kindly, folding her hands in front of her.

"Yes, perfect. Thank you." You nodded, turning to Markus as the nurse quickly got back to her working area.

"May we take this to somewhere more private?" He asked, to which you agreed.

He led you through the main area, then walking up a set of stairs just to go into a small, glass room. 

"Now, answer my question. You and Connor are the new detective of Cyberlife, right?"