Finally 'home'.

You were drenched in water, you felt cold and quite uncomfortable. Your clothes clung to your skin as you climbed up the rusty ladder. Almost at the top of the ladder, you were suddenly blinded by the sharp light of Charlotte's flashlight. "C'mon, Love." She smiled, holding out a hand for you to grab. 

You grabbed her hand, almost slipping as you stepped up to join the group.

 "Thanks." You thanked her, which she replied with a nod.

Connor seemed to frown slightly. He averted his gaze, his subtly displeased look not leaving his face. You walked next to Connor and noticed that thirium was dripping from his fingertips.

"Connor." You mumbled, grabbing his arm and pulling up his jacket sleeve. "How did you get this?" You asked, looking up at him.

"When we were climbing the ladder, a broken metal wire stabbed my arm." He looked at his arm, slowly covering his arm with his sleeve,  using his other hand to put pressure on his wound.

"When we get to Jericho's base, we'll get you patched up, okay?" You smiled at him, as he returned the gesture.

Charlotte started leading the group, flashlight in hand. We were blocked by a pile of wood, stone and other random objects. We pushed the large plank of wood to the ground, allowing us to walk past it. 

Odd noises only added to the scary ambiance of the dark and eerie environment. You were all on edge, taking a defensive stance instinctively. As you reached another pile of rubble, a loud, robotic scream echoed through the walls of the dirty boat. 

The group stepped back in surprise at the loud screech.

"wh- What the fuck was that?" Lawrence whisper-yelled, frantically waving his arm to attract the group's attention.

"I don't- I don't know. We have to be vigilant, okay?" Amanda whispered back, a tremor to her voice.

You walked next to Ralph, in between him and Connor. Soon enough, You arrived at a corridor. 

You had the option of either going left or right.

"Which way do we go?" Connor asked, Looking at both sides of the corridor.

"...Let's try going right." Amanda spoke, as Charlotte started walking first, as she was still the one holding the flashlight.

Big, dirty, yellow ogre coloured hatches along the corridor opened up to small, rather dusty rooms. Some with beds, some with desks and chairs and some completely empty.

Amanda walked up to the door at the end of the hallway, turning the circle-shaped handle to open the hatch.

It revealed a long, metallic catwalk. It looked to be some sort of machine room for the boat.

Amanda and Charlotte took the first few steps on the catwalk, wary of the creaky sounds the metal made. Ralph and Lawrence followed, slowly making their way behind the leading deviants. 

Then, it was you and Connor. You trailed behind, staring at the old, almost broken down machinery in the room. 

Suddenly, the sound of the metal catwalk falling from under you alerted your team. 

Lawrence let out a small yelp. "Fuck!" He whispered, closing his eyes and bracing for impact.

"Shit-" Connor's let out a grunt as his body got hit by two metal poles. You could hear the crack his body made when he did, and you knew it wasn't going to be a wound you could ignore.

You saw Ralph's horrified expression as he was about to get crushed between a piece of the catwalk and a large pipe.  

"R..Ralph!" You yelled, stretching your arm to grab his. As your finger grazed his arm, he grabbed your arm, your reflexes immediately pulling him against you.

"Don't worry, I got you." You whispered, looking down to see Amanda, Lawrence and Charlotte already on the ground, helpless. You held him close, trying to comfort him. You thought you could hold him until you hit the ground, but you soon realized your mistake.

Holding him could potentially create more chances of getting damaged.

You hesitantly let go of Ralph, your hands slowly loosening their grip on his arms. You saw his scared expression, one that could melt any heart into wanting to protect this poor deviant.

Before you could utter another word, your body faced the impact of hitting the cold, hard ground. Your eyes closed shut, as you held your stomach tightly.

 You were sure that you would have gotten a large wound, but when you looked at yourself, it seemed you had only gotten a few lacerations on your arms after seeing the blue liquid bleeding through your sweater.

You felt someone tug at your sweater sleeve. You looked up, seeing Charlotte and Connor looking at you. "You alright, hon? Nothin' broken?" She asked a worried expression on her face.

"No, I'm fine." You nodded, "But I think the others might be hurt." You looked over at Connor, sitting up from your position. 

You turned over to Ralph while Charlotte tended to Amanda. "Hey, Ralph, Are you okay?" You asked him, softly. You placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"Yes, Ralph is okay." He sat up, slowly looking up at you. "But...Ralph is upset. Ralph wanted to protect Connor and You. Instead, you're the one who protected Ralph." He expressed his distress with hand motions frantically.

 "Ralph...Do you remember when we first met? Connor and I promised we would protect you. I am only fulfilling my promise, as I should." You replied, earning a small smile from Ralph.

A loud, male voice was heard from the room next to this one. 

"Markus! Agh- North? Simon?"

 We saw someone at the doorway, looking at us. Another person walked next to the male, presumably a female.

"Ah, shit- THE FUCK- THE FUCKING CATWALK FELL AGAIN!" 

"What's going on?" Another male walked in, one with a rather strong figure.

Markus looked at your group, a slightly surprised expression on his face.

Ralph's  mouth was wide open, he could barely contain his excitement 

"Are we home?"

___

This one was a bit shorter, sorry about that! I really wanted to end this right before getting to the heart of Jericho.