Day 1 - Getting Lost Somewhere

The cold October air stung Tamaki's pointy ears, and he sunk his head into the purple scarf he'd wrapped around his neck. He was wearing the appropriate clothing and yet it didn't seem to be enough — the cold diligently nipped his hands, face, and ankles. Though, the hot tea he was holding kept his fingers a little warm. That didn't help the heels of his palms or the backs.
He was pretty sensitive to cold. He could stand a bunch of heat, but cold? A degree lower than what he likes and he's shivering his teeth away.
That's why he had no idea how Mirio could be wearing nothing but a varsity jacket over his normal clothes to keep him warm.

"It's around here somewhere," Tamaki muttered, looking around. He said that he knew a really cool clearing in the woods. It was actually really nice there, there were a few benches, a mini waterfall with a 'secret' cavern behind it, plenty of flowers, a butterfly if they were lucky, and a good amount of space. He came there a lot whenever he needed to calm down or have a break.
He never had told anyone about this place before. Tamaki didn't want anyone else to know about it, even though it was clearly meant to be found. He'd never seen anyone else there, or any sign someone had found it. The thought only came to him that it might have been an unfinished area he wasn't meant to find after he asked Mirio if he wanted to see it.
He hoped he wouldn't tell after he found out, but he trusted him enough.

"What're we looking for, again?" Mirio asked, folding his hands behind his head. His jacket wasn't even zipped up, and the only thing the hood was on was his shoulder blades. Tamaki had no idea how he did it.
"It's just a clearing. There's not a path, but you'll know it when you see it." He suddenly became increasingly aware of the possibility of them being lost.
He didn't recognize the surrounding area, but would he recognize it if it was the right way? It was a forest, everything was always changing and you can't just mark something!
Mirio could tell he was getting nervous, and put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, calm down. Even if we are lost, it's not too hard to get out as long as we move forward. You said it's not that big of a forest?"
Tamaki focused on his breathing, not on responding. "I- I don't know where we are." he managed softly, backing up a little bit and looking around. He was trying, he was trying to calm down but he was so scared he'd gotten them lost that he could barely get breaths into his lungs.
"Woah, woah." Mirio turned to him, worry in his blue eyes. "Tamaki, calm down, just breathe" he put a hand on the smaller's shoulder, "It's okay!"
"It's not okay-" Tamaki tucked his hair behind his ear, then immediately regretted it since his hair was really cold. "I-I got you lost, I don't know how to get out.." he turned and was realizing he didn't know which way they'd come from. "The other side'll spit us out somewhere we don't know- it'll be dark by then, we can't walk around in the dark!"
"Tamaki-"
"We're- we're just kids-" he turned around again, panic clear in his voice even though he didn't have to power to raise it that high. It was still as soft as ever. He was trying to calm down and just breathe, but it wasn't working. "And it's so cold- I have to be home by curfew, okasan's gonna kill me.."
He was about to say something else when he felt Mirio's arms around his torso. "Mirio- Mirio!" he yelped as the blond lifted him from the ground. Tamaki would never know how he could lift anyone with ease, of course, he was strong, but it still baffled him.
"Can you see better?" Mirio asked, holding him up with little trouble.
"Um... A little.."
"Good, so then you can be our watch!"  Mirio let him down onto his shoulders, looking up and flashing a reassuring smile. "I won't let you fall!"
Tamaki's face got redder. It was already pink because of the cold. He smiled gently, looking around. He had rather good hearing, but that waterfall wasn't loud and the whistling of the wind wasn't helping his case.
Mirio kept walking without breaking a sweat. "Besides, even if we are lost, we can just keep walking! It's gotta end at some point, right?"
"... Yeah... Yeah."