Day 2 - Pet Names

The first time Tamaki heard it, he was a little confused. He didn't know where it came from, but Mirio didn't call anyone else 'chan' but Nejire, and he didn't have more of a nickname than that for her.
He started using it around the house, and Tamaki, despite not knowing the origin of the cute nickname, felt compelled to come up with one.
But he wanted them to match. It would be adorable if they matched and would absolutely iconic, but he had to figure out where it came from first.
Was he overthinking things? Yes. Did he know that? Also yes.
But just calling him 'Mi-chan' sounded tacky in comparison to what Mirio had come up with.

-

Tamaki rubbed his eyes, yawning a little and sitting up in his bed. He looked beside him, and considering the fact that both the blond wasn't there and the nice smell coming from downstairs, he figured Mirio was up making breakfast. Tamaki didn't like it that much when he made breakfast, because he could be doing much more in the morning than putting a bunch of unnecessary effort into some food he doesn't even eat.
Mirio didn't have that much of an appetite in the morning, that, or he made the dishes with the intention of combining Tamaki's favorite foods with ones that he was real good with his quirk, even though he didn't really like the foods.
Tamaki thought it was a waste; both of food and of energy. He could make his own food and he knew just as much he would eat that morning.
But he didn't waste the food Mirii gave him, even if it was filling and he felt bad, he'd eat it all.

He pushed himself out of bed, not closing his eyes again. He learned the hard way he would not get up again if he didn't get up right as he woke.
Tamaki sliped on his fuzzy slippers and sluggishly made his way down stairs, being greeted the moment he was noticed.
“Good morning, Sawa-chan!” Mirio smiled and waved, and Tamaki made his way over. He was making breakfast.
“You don't have to make breakfast, you know, I can do it myself.” Tamaki mumbled, feeling bad.
“Yeah, but I want to. Cause I love you!” Tamaki, upon hearing this, received a small kiss on the forehead, then a boop on the nose. He felt his cheeks heat up a little.
“I.. Love you too, Lou-chan..” He mumbled, lookin down in embarrassment. You'd think it was his first time hearing or feeling it every time Mirio showed affection.
Mirio found that adorable.
“Aw, is that my nickname? Lou? I like it!” Mirio smiled at him, and Tamaki's face got a darker red.
“I don't know how you made mine so I guessed with yours... I took some of the kanji from your hero name and your given name and put them together..”
“I just took your quirk and sliced some kanji in half. Guess we got similar strategies, huh?”
Tamaki laughed nervously and nodded. Now he wanted to change it, but Mirio already said he liked it. Or was he just saying that to be nice?
Tamaki took a deep breath, he could tell whenever he started to get like this and he didn't really want to have to deal with it right now. He didn't want Mirio to have to deal with it either.
Mirio was really what was holding him together, huh?