2 | Wake Up Calls

"Education is important"

"So is dying, you want me to do that first?"

Aurora arrived at a colourless house that was bathed in moonlight. Staring up at it, she gulped, second-guessing herself.

What if Papa was home right now and she had left him behind?

Her mind quickly shut down the idea, steeling herself.

He abandoned her. He wasn't coming back.

Slowly, she shuffled up to the door and stared at a part of the wooden frame.

Doorbell.

After a full ten seconds of it constantly ringing, the door violently opened, a very tired, very angry looking man came into view.

Eyes basically bloodshot, he searched for the culprit who had woken him. Aurora's eyes sparkled.

"Uncle Aizawa!"

To hear that voice at this time of night didn't only startle him, but terrified him.

"Star?!" He looked down at the big purple eyes of his niece, who had a giant grin plastered on her face. "What the hell are you doing here? Where's your father?" At the mention of her father, the goofy grin was gone. For a brief moment, she had forgotten about that.

"He's gone." She gritted out tears flowing freely down her face. He noticed her little hands were in tight fists and glanced back up to her cute little face. His eyes widened.

Her hair was on fire.

"Aurora!" He managed to splutter out. She looked up at him with a confused face, only to realise what he was staring at. Completely on fire, her hair slightly waved in the breeze. As soon as she realized what was happening, the fire cut out. She looked back at him with wide eyes. "Just got your quirk, huh squirt?" She nodded briefly, her eyes glancing back at her hair. She shook her head.

"Papa didn't know. I was going to tell him when Ma... Mam...M-" She started spluttering, her eyes wide. Aizawa picked her up and went inside.

"Shh, it's going to be okay. Y'know what? We going to get you cleaned up, and we're going to start training that quirk of yours. Okay?" He bounced her up and down. She snuggled into his neck, hiding her face and uttered two words.

"Scary Quirk."

His eyes widened as he felt a whole other wave of fatigue hit him. He groaned, head falling backwards.

"Of course you had to, Yagi."

____________

As light filtered through the curtains of her room, Aurora turned over, only to look into the eyes of death itself.

So she screamed.

"Why the hell would you do that?!" She screamed, blearily looking up at the yellow caterpillar that had woken her up. He looked back at her tiredly.

"Because today is the UA te-" Her eyes widened and she bolted out of bed, knocking over Aizawa, who just curled back up on the ground while Aurora zipped around him. "I don't understand why you're so excited. You basically spend all of your time at that place." Finishing the braid that reached her lower back, she turned back to her uncle.

"I know, but if I get in, I actually belong there, I'm not some kid that hangs around the school all day." She exclaimed softly. Aizawa's face softened and he unzipped his sleeping bag. Holding his hands out for a hug, he rested his chin on her shoulder.