41 | Whoops

"He's your brother?"

"That's what you're worried about? Not that you're going with me?"

"Why would I be worried about going with you? That's the best thing that's ever happened to me." He waved the question away, quite obviously not registering what he was saying. "You have a brother? Why didn't you say anything?"

"It never came up. No one asked, so I didn't think it was a big deal."

She cracked her neck and slid into the chair next to Shinsou, revelling in her victory.

"What about you?" Shinsou piped up seconds after her eyes had fluttered closed. "Who are you going with?"

Her mind immediately went to the ash blonde who had been infiltrating her thoughts for the past couple of hours. "Probably no one."

"Bullshit."

"Yeah, what about Bakugou?" Kaminari wiggled his eyebrows at her.

"I...I'm sorry?"

"Oh come on," Denki threw his head back, groaning. "There is obviously something going on between you two."

"Not really." Her cheeks tinted pink, catching the eye of the static blonde.

"Oh, yes there is. Has anything happened yet? Have you kissed?" His eyes widened at the stretched silence he got as an answer. "Oh shit!"

"Shut up!" A blush bloomed on her face, spreading to her ears. She didn't think it had been that noticeable!

The conversation that had taken place in the library continued to echo in her head as Present Mic droned on about a historical movie about an ogre and a princess in English.

Her eyes flickered to Kaminari, who was obviously not listening to what was being said, doodling in the margin of his page. She snickered.

Purple seemed to be his favourite colour now.

The days passed by as a quickened movie for Aurora, and if you asked her what had happened the day previous, she would look at you confused and ask who you were.

Bakugou however, was a completely different story. He remembered every little detail of every day that passed as slow as the grass grew, although now that the author thought about that analogy, she realised that both continue at the same pace.

Every moment that passed that he hadn't talked to Aurora made him more frustrated, angrier, and the only person in the world who knew him too well was the first one to notice.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" His mother asked as they moved around each other, cooking dinner.

"What do you care?" He growled, chopping the carrot.

"Well, for one, you're about to chop my favourite board in half." She nodded to the one he was using, his knife digging into the worn timber. "And you look and walk around like your constipated."

He glared at her, throwing the carrot into the simmering pot.

"It's none of your business."

"It's about Aurora then?" He halted, cursing himself slightly. Was it that obvious?

"No."

"Oh bullshit." She laughed, throwing her head back. "What's wrong, she realise how shitty you are?"

"No, of course not!" He defended, "I just-" He cut himself off, hesitating. "There's this stupid dance."

"Have you asked her then?" Her gaze softened as his shoulders fell, the mood in the designer kitchen quickly changing. He must have been struggling with this, since he was opening up to her of all people.