14 | Special | Monologue

"It's been a while, huh? I got into UA this year. Came first too. Dad's my homeroom teacher. Pretty cool, huh? 1-A. Best of the best, apparently. Toshinori's one of my teachers too. So, I've tried to make amends with him. It's just...

He left me mum. He left me when I needed him the most. I was six years old and I lost both my parents in one day."

She felt the tears trail down her face as she swallowed down a sob.

"Anyways, I got my new hero costume. It's pretty cool. Oh, I also went on a field trip with my class and got attacked by the League of Villains. Probably should have started with that. But everyone's okay. Dad got pretty beat up, but he's fine. So is Toshinori.

But they know mum. They know. They know I'm the Guardian, and I'm scared. They brought a thing with them, they said it was called a Nomu, and it nearly killed him. I got it, but only in the nick of time. He changed back, and oh god mum, your husband looks like a fucking shrivelled up prawn nowadays.

He's chosen a successor too. His name is Midoriya Izuku, he's in my class. He's really nice and has a nice moral drive, but this other kid has it out for him, Bakugou. He has a temper like me, it's funny to watch. But Izuku hasn't learnt to handle One for All so he's probably going to Gran Torino for his internship. I might go, just thinking about it. I'll be able to help, babysit both of them, of course, y'know how he is with food. It won't be the same though, mum, without you there. I guess what I'm trying to say is...

I wish you were here, mum. I miss you."