25 | Hosu

Aurora could feel the bags under her eyes, no joke.

The hot chocolate between her hands acted as a heater as she stared into the abyss. She was used to not sleeping, but she may have, just a tiny bit, volunteered to be Izuku's punching bag.

As well as his landing bag.

She glanced over to the old man who walked into the room with Izuku but returned her gaze back to the wall in front of her. It seemed that they had had a chat.

"Good morning, Tw-Aurora!" He said, smiling crookedly at her. She responded with an inhuman noise, not taking her eyes off the wall.

"You look terrible." Gran Torino sat in the seat next to her. A humourless laugh fell from her lips before she could stop it.

"I still look better than you." She snorted, wincing once his cane met the back of her head.

"Is she alright?" Izuku whispered rhetorically, however, Aurora answered it anyway, knowing full well the extent of the sentence.

"I'm fine." She stood and walked out of the kitchen, heading straight for the shower. She locked the door and stripped.

Her eyes glided over her scar-ridden body through the mirror as she passed it. A sigh slid through her lips as she looked away, focusing on turning the shower on.

The searing hot water fell across her body, but she didn't mind. Her body was numb.

She didn't feel pain much anymore. Although her newfound friends did cause some grief in her, it was a nice type of pain.

Aurora was happy she had friends now. She could live without them, of course. But it now seemed like a very lonely life she had been living, looking back on it. She wasn't sure she wanted to go back to it. Sure, she didn't enjoy being open, or having to smile so no one asked her what was wrong,

But it was nice.

The thoughts drifted away as she stood underneath the running water, steam rolling off the floor as the searing hot water hit the cool tiles.

Once she got out of the shower, she noticed the sounds coming from the kitchen. A sudden crash sent her spiralling around the room.

Quickly getting dressed she rushed out to find the kitchen slightly in shambles. Gran Torino stood next to the upturned lounge and Izuku, who was gasping for air on the ground.

She glared at the old man, only for her eyes to go unnoticeably wide. As she met his eyes, she saw something that she hadn't seen in forever. The sparkle he had had so many years ago.

Pride.

She saw him stare at Izuku with it in his eyes and pulled her phone out and unlocking it.

"He figure it out?" Gran Torino gave a grunt. Izuku looked between the two, confused.

"What do you mean?" He watched her stop a clock on her phone.

"Hah. Beat you by one day and four hours." She snorted showing him the clock that corresponded with when they had arrived.

"But, you mean-"

"You're ready for patrol." She started. "Later tonight?" She turned to him and the old man nodded.

She nodded back and headed to get changed. Gran Torino left the room as well, leaving Izuku to tremble on his own.

"What?" He squeaked.

___________
Time Skip

Aurora had quickly gotten dressed into her hero outfit, which had been upgraded since the USJ incident. Only minor things, but they definitely added up. There were now hidden pieces of metal on the bottom of her shoes so she could bend them into blades to glide on. Among other things, she had also been given fireproof fingerless gloves that showed the entirety of her palm so she could control flames easier.

After putting their suits on, which Aurora noticed Izuku's had changed drastically, they made their way to the nearest train station. Ten minutes later, they were on their way through Hosu. The sun had slowly set, leaving them in an eerie dim light. Aurora sat on a window seat, absentmindedly staring out the scratched window, fiddling with a marble. Izuku nor Gran Torino made a move to talk to her, the earphones a clear indicator that she would not hear them anyway. Plus, they could hear the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' theme song blasting from the opposite side of the train.

Aurora didn't hear the explosion, only feeling the train carriage shake. She felt her marble melt in her hand and drop to the ground.

Nomu.

She leapt out of the train, forcing Izuku to follow, for everyone was now off the train. Smoke built pillars up to the clouds, darkening the city that, if you looked closely, you could see a flying Nomu smashing into buildings.

"Damage control, Midoriya!" She called. He didn't have the heart to correct her. It wasn't the time nor the place. He quickly followed Aurora, only to slow to a stop, Aurora slowing as well.

"What is it?" She knew something was up.

"We're in Hosu. Iida's internship is here, but he could've gone to his brother's. Why?" Aurora's eyes widened as she realised what he was getting at.

"Stain." They wasted no time, bolting through the city, keeping an eye out for Iida or the Hero Killer.

They found them in a dank alleyway, Iida frozen on the ground, about to get impaled.

Y'know, the usual alleyway things.

Izuku immediately leapt into action, kicking the man away from Iida. Aurora took stance, but stayed out of the way, stepping into the shadows where they couldn't see her.

Everyone was talking at one point, but to be honest, Aurora wasn't listening. She was solely focused on the Pro Hero she knew to be Native lying against the wall on the other side of the alley.

He may not have noticed, but his blood had slowly stopped flowing, clots forming in his veins. Although he was still almost as pale as her (which was a feat in itself), he would not die. Done her job, she looked back at the fight, she noticed they weren't winning. Todoroki had appeared out of nowhere, but it only aided them slightly, Stain being too fast for his ice. Izuku had suddenly fallen to the ground, frozen. Aurora's gaze left Izuku and fell upon Stain, realizing she had to do something. She just hoped her classmates would play along. Her figure secretly climbed the building, her breath held. This would definitely hurt.

"Da fortitudinem pugnare daemones."