6 | Nicknames & Flashbacks

Once the day was over, Aurora opted to walk home alone, her father staying late to finish some work.

Waving to her friends as the quickly dispersed, going in different directions, she slowly walked to the front gate, not needing to rush. She smiled to herself. Today couldn't have turned out any better. New friends, no one questioning her quirks, her father being an idiot by pranking the entire class (who were extremely relieved that Midoriya was not being expelled on the first day, even if he did break a finger.) and everyone being really nice in general.

"What the fuck are you doing?" A voice called out. She lifted her head from the ground, to see a red-eyed maniac standing at the gate. Was he waiting for her? Of course not, don't be stupid.

"Oh hey Bakuhoe." She replied offhandedly. She could see the vein popping in his head.

"What the shit you call me fuckwit?! I'll kick your ass!" He yelled, small explosions coming from his hands. She narrowed her eyes. She was outside now so...

"I CALLED YOU BAKUHOE DIPSHIT. YOU NEED A HEARING AID TOO?" She screamed back him, her hair giving off a dark aura. A side she rarely showed anyone was coming out. He clicked his tongue and turned away, simply muttering a 'whatever dumbass'. She put her hair out and walked over to him.

"You okay?"

"Why the fuck do you care?"

"Because I'm trying to be your friend."

"You're not my fucking friend.

You and fucking Deku think you're better than me, you bastards." He muttered, nearly inaudible. She sighed.

"Seriously? Okay, well I'm going to go home now. See you tomorrow." She didn't want to try and understand the ball of hatred that was Bakugou. He watched her until she disappeared, not taking his eyes off her receding figure.

She was just another obstacle for him to destroy.

___________
Time Skip

Aurora laid in her bed, rethinking all the events that had occurred the day before. Bakugou seemed to be the hothead that she was once before. Not knowing if it was just simply his personality or something completely different, she pushed the thoughts of the blonde aside and tried to focus on something, anything, that would make her go to sleep, or just simply relax.

FLASHBACK

Aurora's eyes flitted over to Aizawa, who was standing beside her watching her intently. He had told her to take down the plastic mannequin in any way she liked.

It was her first day of training, her Aizawa insisting on finding out her capabilities as soon as possible.

She eyed the dummy, determination flooding her system, not wanting to let down another person. Still getting used to it, she let her hair burn softly, the brown locks waving slightly in a breeze that wasn't there.

Yelling out a battle cry she used one of her many strings inside of her, just like Aizawa had said to do. Choosing the vibrant red one, that mirrored her anger of being left behind by the only family she had ever truly known.

The mannequin, after the onslaughter of lava and fire, looked more like a preschooler's failed attempt of clay sculpting than anything else. However, Aizawa did not stand back in fear or call her a monster. He clapped and laughed and pulled her into his arms, spinning her around. She laughed along with the side that her new father would rarely ever show.

It would be the last time for a while that she felt truly happy.

___________
Time Skip