22 | Remembrance

Birthday Update!!

"I've had this one in mind since I was little, kero, the Rainy Season Hero; Froppy." The class cheered for Tsuyu, who was the first to come up with a proper name that had been approved by Midnight. Aurora sat there mulling over her thoughts, trying to come up with a name.

Suddenly, her mind tugged unconsciously on a memory.

A small girl raced across the road after checking for cars that never came up that road, running at the playground.

She climbed the monkey bars, staring at everything below her, obviously enjoying being up high. A loud noise erupted nearby, and she turned to see a couple of boys marching behind a blonde who seemed to have an explosion quirk.

"March on Bakugou Hero Agency!" He cried, running towards the playground, the boys following him, shouting in agreement. They quickly reached the monkey bars, to which they finally spotted the girl watching them quietly.

"Who are you?" The blonde boy spat as the green-haired one shouted hello.

"My name's Yagi Aurora." She murmured softly as she glanced warily at the spiky blonde.

"I'm Midoriya Izuku, and this is Kacchan!" Midoriya smiled toothily at the girl.

"How did you get up there?" A brown-haired boy spoke, standing slightly off to the side.

"I can climb anything." She spoke proudly, puffing her chest out slightly. Kacchan took this as a challenge. He jumped onto the frame, shimmying up the pole.

Struggling to do it, he finally reached Aurora.

"You're pretty good." She commented, nodding her head.

"Yeah, well I'm going to be the number one hero when I'm older!" Firecrackers burst from his hands, causing him to fall back slightly.

Off the monkey bars.

Aurora quickly took action, using her newly discovered quirk to cushion his fall.

Midoriya gasped, running over to the floating boy, asking if he was alright. He ignored him, staring right at the girl who was keeping him in mid-air without showing any sort of strain, or concentration.

"You're-you're like the Enchantress from the story!" She stared at him surprised, dropping him to the ground in shock.

The corners of her lips twitched slightly, proud of the nickname.

"I guess I am."

Aurora faded back into the classroom, the memory done it's job. She wrote the word on her board and quickly stood when her name was called.

"And what have you come up with, Twilight?" Midnight beamed, sure the girl had chosen wisely.

Waltzing up to the podium, she didn't take her eyes off her board. She stood behind the podium, glancing up at Midnight who gave her an encouraging smile.

Turning the board around she heard a collection of gasps.

"I thought for sure she was gonna pick Guardian!" Kaminari murmured in agreement with Sero and Mina.

"I'm not sure what kind of hero yet, but Enchantress." Aurora declared proudly, seeing how Bakugou's head snapped up from his board. The classes clapped and cheered in agreement.

"A powerful name, I like it!" Midnight snapped her whip, send Mineta spiralling out of his chair and Aurora back to her seat.

Bakugou was called up after her, his board aggressively scribbled on.

"King Explosion Murder!" He yelled, slamming it down on the podium. Aurora burst out laughing at the back of the room, along with Kirishima and Kaminari.

"No." Midnight deadpanned, not even bothering with the boy.

"What about Explosion Boy?" Kirishima called out, a vein popping out of Bakugou's head.

"Or what about Pomeranian, Fireworks?" Aurora cackled, doubling over in her chair. He stomped back to his chair, slapping Aurora on the back of the head on the way there, murmuring 'shut up, Bright Eyes.'.

She paid no attention to it though, not feeling the sting on the back of her head. Aurora was confused. Had he hit her softly?

___________
Time Skip

Lunch came quickly, everyone rushing to the cafeteria, Aurora packing up quietly like usual. Aizawa had left the room to go eat, leaving her alone with the blonde.

Zipping up her bag and slinging it over her shoulder, she took a couple of steps towards him.

"Hey Bakugou, is everything...?" Her voice trailed off as he walked out of the room, completely ignoring her. Her hand that was poised to tap him on the shoulder dropped slightly, confusion written all over her face.

Had she upset him? Was he mad at her? She couldn't recall anything that might have angered him, so what had happened? Standing silently in the empty classroom, she wondered what should she do.

She decided that she would give him some space for him to tell her what was wrong in his own time. Nodding to herself, she headed to the staff room to have her lunch.

Opening the door to see only Aizawa and Hizashi, she rolled her eyes at how they slightly avoided eye contact.

Seriously, get a room already.

She gave Aizawa her internship form and plopped herself onto the lounge, sinking into it slightly. She pulled her sandwich out of her bag and took a bite out of it.

"So, what's happening?"

"Nothing." They both murmured simultaneously.

"How scandalous." Voice dripping with sarcasm, she took another bite. She was very over this. Both had confessed their feelings about one another to her, but neither of them had done anything about it. And, if it was possible, it had gotten worse in the past month. Don't get her wrong, they usually acted normal around each other, they made each other happy, she could see it, but with Aizawa's social skills at negative forty, and Hizashi's caution not to annoy Aizawa, well, it wasn't the best combination.

"Where's your bag, kiddo?" Hizashi asked, hair tied back.

"Left it in the classroom." She replied through a mouthful of food. He laughed as she took another bite.

Finishing her sandwich, she sighed at the silent room. She glanced at Aizawa who was wrapped in his sleeping bag at the table eating ramen, standing up. Turning to Hizashi, who was on the opposite couch to her, she rolled her eyes once more. He was staring at Aizawa, eyes basically heart-shaped.

She walked towards the exit, grabbing the handle and stopping.

"You two need to hurry up and get married, seriously." She grumbled loudly, closing the door behind her, leaving them both to turn bright red.

___________
Time Skip

As Aurora walked into her room, she dropped her bag in the doorway. She headed straight for her laptop, turning it on as she sat down.

It gave a loud ding, an app automatically opening. She smiled at the message from her online friend. She didn't actually know him, but it was what made talking to him so relaxing. He understood a lot of things and seemed to enjoy talking to her. Her fingers flew across the keyboard, her eyes tracing the letters that appeared on the screen, making sure she didn't make any mistakes. Pressing enter, she smiled, seeing the bubbles that meant he was replying.

While she waited, she scrolled through her previous conversations with him. She smiled at one of the first messages she sent him.

hi star

Hey Staples.