35 | All for One

Now, Aurora has this weird problem with waking up.

It usually either involved a bucket of water or a hospital. Sometimes both.

But never had she woken up hanging by the throat, her neck encompassed by the hand of the man who, on multiple occasions, she had expressed her desperate need to stick googley eyes on.

"All Might's daughter, what a pleasant surprise." The surprisingly smooth voice called as her vision wobbled. "I was beginning to think that you wouldn't wake up."

"I seem to bounce back at the most unfortunate times," She started, eyes finally focusing. "Can someone knock me out again and wake me up when I'm not participating in a hostage situation?" She called, voice louder than it previously was, almost as if she was expecting someone to answer.

"How amusing, you haven't noticed yet. Listen." All for One chuckled, squeezing her throat tightly, causing her to gasp.

"Listening!" Her silence allowed her to notice the heartbeat of another person close-by.

Specifically, her biological father.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She barked, eyes wide. "I had this under control!"

"This is under control?"

"Yes!"

Her father's eyes, as she stared into them, she saw pain. She saw the aging and pain she had always felt; one of the only constants in her life was that pain. Although everyone she had ever come across seemed to not notice it, but she supposed she had become accustomed and excellent at hiding it. But, was she causing others the same pain? Was she the one doing the wrong thing?

Was she evil?

"You're a bit too late old friend. I shall take the quirk that has fallen in my palm oh so easily and she will be as good as dead."

"I won't let you!" The hero roared, body tensed and ready to attack at any time.

"Real original, Yagi."

"You do realise I'm trying to save you?"

"Well stop!" She snapped. "You've never, ever come to save me. You never did, and I don't need you to now!" His breath seemed to stop. "If I'm to die here, let there be fire." She seethed, glaring at him. He looked at her sad and she internally rolled her eyes

God, he was thick.

"Chilling last words." All for One complimented, bringing them back to reality. "But, time is ticking, and the hour is almost up." Her throat felt bruised as he squeezed harder, a weird sensation overflowing her body. The man, although mildly pissed off, was impressed on the mental strength this tiny girl had. But, that wasn't going to stop him. He slammed against the metal door that she had locked, bolted and sealed shut. Her eyes clamped down in pain.

All for One was taking One for All.

A scream pierced through her throat, everyone who had been watching via the camera crew's live footage that had been streamed on the large commercial banner in the neighbouring city. This random fifteen-year-old girl was smart-mouthing the super-villain. Among the crowd, her classmates glanced at their friend who was hanging by a thread, or in this case, a hand. Bakugou stared up at the screen fist clenched. Was this the last time he was going to see her?

As All for One fought to push through the barrier Aurora had created in her mind, he squeezed impossibly hard, her neck popping in multiple places as she continued to scream until that wall broke. He smirked, victorious as he reached for One for All.

No one knew when Aurora's screams had changed into a fit of laughter, but it was evident that whatever All for One was looking for, it wasn't there.

"Where is it?!" He roared at the cackling girl.

"You-you really through that-that you could catch me!" She gasped for air, laughing. "You thought that I was one of those prissy oblivious heroes who can't count past ten!" Her laughter died down. "You're dumber than I thought, you vegetable."

Lightning crackled in the distance and she was gone, leaving All Might to fight him for the time being.

_________

"Considering it is your second night here, you'll be making your own food tonight!" Mandalay spoke, clapping her hands once. The class quickly assigned themselves into roles and began cooking, absolutely starving. With Aurora and Todoroki on fire duty, the rest of them quickly went to start cooking as soon as the flames in each oven ignited. Bakugou quickly placing himself where the knives were at, he angrily chopped carrots as he watched Aurora animatedly talk to Todoroki.

"Uh, Bakugou?" Mina called, concerned. "The carrot's over there." She pointed at the finely chopped vegetable that was a fair way away from the place where he was currently halfway through the chopping board. He growled, slamming the knife down and stalking away, leaving Aurora to glance at his retreating figure.

Wonder who shoved a stick up his ass.

Her mind was immediately pulled away from the blonde to another who had somehow gotten within a meter of the stove and set himself on fire. Her eyes widened as she cried Kaminari's name, yanking some water out of several cups and dousing the boy in the liquid.

She shook her head and sighed, turning to the water tank placed on the table off to the side. Filling the cups back up, she lifted all the food and drinks into the air and called out.

"Dinner is served!" The rest of the class cheered as the food was almost magically placed in front of them. She watched as her new family chatted loudly among themselves, digging in. Even as she watched Kaminari and Kirishima fight over a piece of garlic bread, she knew.

She was finally home.

Catching a glimpse of Midoriya absentmindedly picking his drink up while talking to Iida, she cringed.

She hoped spit didn't taste too bad.
_________

The fight had ensued until both parties had thrown all their tricks out into the open, including All Might's shrivelled prawn self.

"There's Shrimpy." Aurora gasped leaning against an AC unit on top of one of the few buildings that had yet to be destroyed. Her head felt empty without the voices, but it had been quite by the days ever since she had transferred the rest of One for All to Midoriya. She had needed to get rid of it before facing All for One, but she still missed it. The embers would still be present for a long time considering it had manifested biologically, but the sinking feeling remained nonetheless.

Her breathe shook as she lifted herself up into a sitting position, hiding between the rubble. A beautiful golden string of light danced around her fingers as it grew stronger, her galaxy irises glowing brightly. She was glad they had kept here quirk safely bound to her body. Grinning she gathered her breath and sent the ball of light off into the distance. If she was going down, she would let everything burn. She would keep everyone safe and stop All for One for good. It didn't matter if she came out alive or not.

It was her time to shine, and she was glowing.

_________

Guess who isn't deeaaaadddd!

Sorry I haven't updated, but I have been watching you guys read it. I absolutely love reading all your comments, especially the ones that are figuring stuff out and others that are pointing out 'plotholes' 👀. But there are some questions that you guys aren't asking about certain events 👀. But definitely keep 'em coming!

Also, next chapter is another different one, so it may be a little shorter than usual, but it's a big scene, so keep on the lookout. But it's gonna be like Chapter 12. I also had to keep this chapter shorter cause I wanted to keep all the scenes for the next one.

Anyways, thank you for 50K!!! That is a huge milestone that I hope is the first of many!

Love,
Aurora💙