im not going to let anything happen to you

HOPE'S POV

I was starting to tell Landon what had happened with me and Zac in the past. "Last summer, I met him. He was protective over me and never wanted me to leave his sight. He would always follow me or hold my hand. I started to like him a little even though I was suspicious. We started dating and then broke up about 3 months later. He was angry and always tried to grab my hand or kiss me. One night I was at a party in the woods with Josie and Lizzie. I saw him and he ran up to me, grabbed me, and pulled me into the woods. I tried to fight him but he wouldn't let me go. He was too strong to fight and my magic didn't work on him. He raped me and wouldn't stop trying to torture me ever since." I told him everything and started crying again. He pulled me close, the closest he had ever held me. I cried and cried until I had no tears left.

LANDON'S POV

I can not believe what he's done to her. I wanted to hurt him or punish him in some way. She doesn't deserve this and he definitely shouldn't be going to this school.

After Hope finished telling me what had happened, she cried until she couldn't anymore. "Hey, I'm not going anywhere and I'm not going to let anything happen to you." I told her. She looked up at me and I wiped her tear away. She leaned up and kissed me as I held her tight. I tried to make sure she felt safe or as safe as she could feel. She fell asleep while she was laying in my arms and didn't move until about 3 in the morning. I think she was having a nightmare or thinking about that night. Which I guess was a nightmare by itself.