(27): adoption

[song for chapter: All The Time-Zara Larsson]
Alana's POV:
-August 25th 2019-
The breezy summer air that once was warm and humid has started feeling like autumn.
The trees aren't changing color yet but it's evident that autumn is nearby and with every summer that has passed in the last 5 years of me living here,it never fails to amaze me how quick it comes and goes.
Maybe it's also because I'm pregnant and growing bigger everyday,I started working again recently at Zara here in Seoul and I've been loving it.
Jungkook not so much.
He believed that I should be home more and not doing things like this since I just entered my 6 month mark recently and he feels like now at any given moment,something could go wrong.
He's worried for me and as cute as he is pouting and pulling me away from the door to kiss me over and over again every morning for the last month,I definitely think I needed this.
Not only was it a confidence boost but I'm up and moving which was something I was lacking since I had been home and not gonna lie,the boys treat me like a princess and try to make sure I don't do much because "I'm pregnant".
I love them and all but a girl wants to do something sometimes.
I'm at work folding clothes with my co-worker Jeannie,a Seoul local who I befriended this past month.
She speaks English really well and understands me but I try to slip out Korean time to time for her connivence.
I feel something buzzing in my pocket and I look over at Jeannie.
"Jeannie I have to take this can you cover for me I won't take too long I promise" I say and she nods.
"I got you go!" She says and I sneak away to one of the fitting rooms.
"Hello?" I say
"Lana?" I hear a familiar voice say from the phone.
"Yes?" I say
"Lana it's me Ashley..I need you to come to my apartment" Ashley says worriedly.
"Why what's wrong?" I ask her now wondering what's up with her.
"Are you busy?" She asks me first before saying anything further.
"I'm at work but what's wrong?" I ask her.
"No no..I'll send you my address try to come over after work please." She says and I nod.
"Okay I'll see you then okay? Are you okay?" I ask her
"I'm fine." She says but I can clearly tell she's not.
I look over at the clock.
"I get off work in 20 minutes plus I'm going to take a ride from my co-worker can you wait around 30 minutes or so?" I ask her
"Yes. just come when you're ready" she says and I sigh.
"Okay see you later" I say and we hang up.
I wonder what's wrong...
20 minutes flew quick after me and Jeannie finished folding and putting the clothes back on shelves.
Our boss,Hyunah Jung comes out to tell us it's time to go.
"Alright ladies your shifts are done for the day I'll see you tomorrow at 10am sharp." She says and we nod and bow slightly as we leave.
I get in Jeannie's car and I show her the address Ashley gave me and she drives me to the apartment complex.
She drops me off and I walk into the complex area.
"Leaping Waters Apartment Complex" I read the sign out loud and I looked down at my phone to read the text she sent me.
"316 leaping waters apartment complex,Seoul."
I look at the apartments and I see the 300's are upstairs and I have to take a staircase up to that floor,so I bravely walk up the stairs making sure to look around my surroundings.
I finally reach the floor and find her apartment.
I knock on the door and wait for her to open it,she opens the door and lets me inside.
She hugs me tightly and I hug her back just as tightly.
We walk into her living room and she sends Mingyu to his playroom so we could talk alone.
I sit down and she hands me a cold bottle water from her cooler.
she has a large red cooler out at all times since Mingyu loves banana milk and it's better served cold.
"What's wrong Ash?" I ask her and she sighs loudly.
She starts fiddling with her fingers and biting her lip nervously.
"Joon really likes me and Mingyu as you can tell,he's so into me that he's willing to adopt Mingyu as his own and I don't know how to feel about it.." she opens up and I see her eyes get teary eyed.
"Oh ash...he must've gotten the idea from JK,he's adopting the baby as his and I guess Joon really really likes you that he wants to adopt Mingyu as his own son" I say and she sniffles.
"He doesn't have to do such a gesture if he wants me to be with him,I really love him but this is so big and I feel like it's going way too fast don't you think?" She asks me
"I can't say because I got pregnant and JK  said it instantly so it wasn't too much to think,I pondered for a few days and even had a fall out with Kai over it-" I stop mid sentence.
It was the first time in about 2 months that I had slipped out his name and it felt foreign to say it out loud.
I have blocked him out of my life for this long that it feels numb to mention him,it feels like I mentioned someone who is long gone or a complete stranger I guess you could say.
Ashley noticed my reaction.
"Oh Lana I didn't mean to make you bring him up-"
"It's okay Ash,Joon really loves you and I think you need to trust him or at least yourself in whatever decision you decide." I say and she frowns.
"Mingyu really loves him and you already know I love him because I ask for him before wondering how you are lately,I have to face it I guess..I'm madly in love with Namjoon." She says and I notice how her eyes brighten.
"He brings you joy" I say smiling
"He does.." she says and looks up at the ceiling.
"Then believe me,he'll bring joy to you and Mingyu..I'm not here to help you through this because it's what you decide but Joon is a really good guy,he took me in as a foster brother almost and helped me these past 5 years in Seoul,without him honestly I would've been lost and he took me in again when I came back to them pregnant and lost mentally,he's amazing Ash." I say and I see her face go blank.
"Ash?" I add and she snaps out of it.
"What's wrong?" I ask her
She chuckles lowly and moves a loose strand of her hair out of her face.
"It's just..he's the only guy I've been dating ever since my ex left,no guys wanted to date me after realizing I was a mother to a near 5 year old,so I stood away from the dating scene for a long while and now Joon's technically my second serious boyfriend. We've passed 2nd base and made it to 3rd..something other guys haven't gone past-"
"Ew ew stop okay" I say cringing and plugging my ears and she laughs.
"Anyway!! He makes me feel like I'm floating on air when he kisses me,when he looks at me my heart goes crazy and my stomach has butterflies automatically. As cliché it may sound..it's true." She says and I smile.
"Then tell him what he probably wants to hear" I say and she nods.
"I'm going to meet up with him at a small diner tonight,can you stay with Mingyu tonight? I won't pick up him too late I promise." She says and I giggle.
"You're a grown woman,you can leave him with me and have your fun. It's okay I like seeing my favorite people together. It's cute." I say and I pinch her cheeks.
"Ah! Leave my chubby cheeks alone!" She says laughing and I ruffle her hair up.
-8:30pm-
Ashley's POV:
I'm outside of the diner,my hands are shaking and my nerves are on edge.
The man of my dreams wants to adopt my son as his and I have to tell him yes or no.
I couldn't say no to him even if I wanted to say it because he's so into Mingyu it would crush him.
I automatically said yes after me and Lana's conversation earlier.
The real reason why I've been single and alone raising my son is that when me and Mingyu's father broke up.
He threw me out of his house after discovering I was pregnant and moved to Seoul before I could return back to get my things.
My stuff was thrown in the street and I was left to fend for myself.
Being pregnant,alone and with my mother in the states with my sisters.
I found a living working as a barista at Starbucks over here in Seoul.
Eventually after I gave birth to Mingyu,I decided to leave Starbucks behind to raise him and found a love for fitness (mommy and me fitness classes),I started to take him to the gym with me and I decided to go back to school to continue my education.
I majored in nutrition and earned my degree earlier than expected (1 year),I then started working at the nearby gym as a fitness trainer for fellow moms like myself.
That is my calling and I've been working there for about 3 years now and I really love my job,despite the early mornings and sore legs afterwards.
It's all worth it.
I always had a independent mindset growing up but when I met Mingyu's father,he brainwashed me into believing he was the boss of everything and I had to sit back and look pretty.
So when he left me behind like that,I was so confused and felt abandoned,as if the only guy I truly loved in this world was gone and my life was going to end.
But now I realized...there's finally THAT guy who loves me,even when I snort while laughing,even when I annoyingly bite my lips as a bad habit,even when I'm loud and outspoken most of the time,even when I'm down and feel like the weight is too heavy on my shoulders,he's there supporting me,loving me and he loves my son as if his own.
That is why..I'm letting Namjoon adopt Mingyu.
Mingyu has developed a close bond with him recently,it's so adorable I can't even describe how much I love seeing them together.
Finally when I start to feel my nerves ease up a bit,I take a deep breath in.
You got this Ashley,you've always had.
Since day 1.
I exhale and finally step into the diner.
Namjoon sees me and his face lights up.
He runs over to me and walks me to the table,he pulls a chair out for me.
"My queen." He says and I sit down blushing.
"You look amazing tonight" he says eyeing my outfit.
I did choose this outfit on purpose of course,to show off the fit mom bod I have.
A black fitted mini dress with a short black leather jacket that has studs on it.
My skin colored stockings see-through and my black pumps,my look alone is giving away that I'm feeling myself tonight.
I haven't felt this "hot" in a long time and it again has to do with the fact,he brings this out of me.
"Thank you Joon,you look handsome as always" I say and I notice our jackets match a little only his has less studs than mine.
Clearly a coincidence.
"Shall we order?" He asks me
"Wait..before you do I have a answer to what we spoke about at my place." I say and he looks at me with a raised eyebrow before remembering and his face changes to a smile.
"Yes and??" He says waiting for a response.
"I would love it if you were to adopt Mingi." I say and he cheers loudly causing the other couples to stare at him weirdly.
"I'm sorry" I say giggling and bow slightly out of respect.
"Joon tone it down a little" I whisper lowly to him and he signals the waitress.
"We'd like to order now! I'm going to be a daddy!" He says loudly.
The entire diner erupts in cheers.
I blush and hide my face.
He's so happy to be adopting Mingi...
I love him...
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* STAY TUNED FOR NEW CHAPTERS *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
#Chrissynation 🥰💕💓👑✨
I love you guys so much,thank you so much for the endless support on this writing journey & as I venture into the world of kpop fanfics☀️.
Tagged favs;❤️
loversisland-
magicaleto
LuhSluts
bbygirlluh
JordanJohnsonTate
Leighamg
mimendess
KaileySkwarek
-sextingswazz
Ellaphillipsx0x0
FellowLeafs
oh_its_sarah
Queen_tay_espinosa
ddluvladybug
SkateMagcon
freshleebabexo
itsluhbitch_
JackJohnsonsbabygirl
Itz_Mami
graceazalea3
bigdaddyjoon
BRATZJOON
bigdaddyjoon
Peace & Love💙
-Chrissy❤️🥰😍❣️👩🏽‍🦱💓💕👑💜✨