Chapter 3

Yaqteen's P.O.V.

I was sitting on my bed, in deep thoughts when I heard a knock on the door. I stood up and opened it. My mom was standing there and her head held low.

"Did you want anything?" I asked her in a soft voice. "Your father is calling you." She said in a very tired and low voice I simply nodded. I was going to his room but decided to go to Jana's room first. I opened the door only to find her sleeping. I came to close to her and kissed her forehead. I kneeled down to take one of her hands in between my hands. "I believe and trust you more than anyone in the world. I do." I say to her and kissed her hand. A tear escaped my eyes.

You are only suffering because of I am a coward. I am the reason of your pain. And look how helpless I am that I can't even do something about it . I am a coward who is afraid of standing up for his sister.

I stand up and leave her room. I walk to my parent's room. My father was sitting on his armchair. He looked so tired and exhausted. I knocked on the door to get his attention as he was in deep thoughts. He looked up to see me. "Come in " he said while motioning me to sit on the chair infront of him. I sat on the chair, "Is there any problem dad." I asked.

He sighed and gave me his phone. I gave him a confusing look and then turn my attention towards his phone. I then realized want he meant. There were calls from almost all of our relatives. There were messages asking about the news, asking if that man is telling the truth.

I don't know what he thinks of himself to say something as pathetic as that about Jana. Of course! It is a false news. I will not hesitate to kill anyone who even thinks to harm Jana even if the person is me.

"Dad ! Don't tell me you believe this nonsense?" I ask .

"What do you expect me to do? Why would a man like him want to lie about something this serious? And how would he even know about Jana? He doesn't even live in this country!" He raised his voice. " So you are saying that Jana was seducing him." I say in a disgust voice. He straightened and looked deep in my eyes. "She has done it before..."I cut him off.

"DAD!" I shouted. "She was raped." I said in a sorrowful voice, closing my eyes I sighed " I am disappointed of how you believe everything but your own duaghter." I hissed my voice full of anger and he let out a humourless chuckle "My own daughter?" he gave me a knowing look.

"You know what, I am not worried about this news at all, because I believe her. She was telling the truth this morning. She even showed you the recording." I said standing up from the chair and walked towards the door.

"You believe her!" My father said and started laughing. I turned to face him and arched my brow. "No don't get me wrong you are the one who follows her wherever she goes." He stated. My eyes widen. "You spy on me." I said shocked. "No but you do spy on her." He said.

"I won't let history repeat itself. I look out for her. I have my reasons and believe me my reasons are all good." I said.

"Stop taking her side, I called you here to tell you that I am planning to make a harsh decision and you better not interfere or else I won't hesitate in breaking our promise and telling our little secret." He said his voice full of anger. I stood there frozen. "You won't, you can't." the words barely came out. "You better not test me." He said and I was looking at him in disbelief. I was about to say something but I heard the doorbell. "You should go." He ordered.

What are you planning dad. Your intentions are no good.

I cleared my thoughts and head towards the door. I opened it. I was shocked to say the least.