Chapter 5

I woke up from all the noise going around in my house. My relatives would be here by now so it made sense.

My cousin Fatima, a very sweet and kind girl, came in my room . We were very close but her mother didn't like our friendship that much . Eventually, we broke apart.

"Hey!" I greeted while she smiled and gave me a hug.

" I, for once, never thought you will get married like this." She said smiling.

" Well, that makes two of us." I replied and we laughed .

" Forgive me, I left you when you needed me."

" Nothing to forgive for. We just drifted apart nothing more." I exclaimed.

"  I came here to help but you already packed everything." She frowned.

" You can help me bring them downstairs." I suggested.

" That is why the boys are here." She said.

" Sohail! Ahad! Nazim!" She yelled the names of some of our czns.

" You go and get ready I will handle this." She said determined.

I nodded and left to freshen up and change clothes. By the time I was done, all the boxes were downstairs. I placed them in the car and headed back inside the house to greet my relatives. But in return I got questions and compliments. Like,

"Why the wedding is so early?"

"You should have completed your studies."

"You are indeed lucky to have a husband like him."

"Such a gold digger."

" Hammad was lucky to get rid of her." and blah blah.

I ignored all of them when Manahil came in sight. "Manahil? " I was shocked to see her.

She smiled and gave me a hug. " I am so sorry, I wanted to come to meet you tomorrow with Mehmad but I got busy."

" No! It's totally fine. I am just happy to see that you are okay." We had a long chat after which Fatima came.

"Your father is calling you." Fatima told me. I nodded and went to look for him. After spotting him, I walk to him.

"You called me." I stated.

"Arish wants to go and buy your wedding dress with you as you didn't have enough time to do so yourself. And tonight is your mayoun." he was ordering me to go with him.

"Dad I have some unfinished work here I have to do. So I can't go with him. He can buy me whatever he wants." I reply. I had to return the things I burrowed and some other work too.

"He is outside, and you can finish any unfinished business with him." he said getting more angry.

Why do they make the decisions of my life? I don't want to go means that I don't want to. "You may go now." my father ordered. I nodded. This is my last few days with my family and I don't want to fight with them. I head towards my room only to find it completely empty only the bag that contained some of my important things was at a corner and the notebook was on my side table. The rest was the furniture.

I had this feeling  for as long as I can remember that I don't fit in this place. Maybe where I am about to go is the place I really fit in.

I sighed and went downstairs. I exit the house only to see Arish leaning against his car. I walk towards him.

"Get in the car." he commanded.