Chapter 16

" Did you really mean it?" Arish questioned as we drove back home.

"Yes I did." I replied looking in his eyes which raged with emotions I never knew before.

"I think I am ready now! Fortunately, I wasn't raped that night but my best friend like sister was. She deserves justice. " I stated after long moments of silence.

" So do you!" He softly said making my eyes wide.

" You suffered because of that incident, you deserve justice too." He added.

" I do." I whispered.

" Can I take you somewhere before we head home?" He asked and I nodded.

We drove for about 2 hours and reached a beautiful house.

"Is this yours?" I asked looking at the beautiful house before me.

"Yes!" he answered his eyes distant.

I simply nodded.

I walked upto the porch while he stood on the same spot. "Arish?"

He closed his eyes for a minute just stood there and finally walked up to the porch. We entered the house. There was a house keeper, a cook, a maid and lots of guards inside there. I looked around awe-struck.

"It's beautiful."

"You think so?" he asked looking at me with a questioning look.

"Yes it is ." I said cheerfully. He gave me a small smile.

He led me to the basement and stopped in front of a door.

" I grew up here. " He said looking around the house.

" Why didn't you bring me here before?" I asked.

"This, my dear wife, is my personal hell." He stated.

" What do you mean by that."

"Come on let me show you something!" he said and places his hand in front of me.

I looked in his eyes all torn out and broken. I place my hand in his and he takes me outside the house towards a  bridge.

There was a beautiful waterfall ahead. We both sat on a bench looking at the waterfall before us.

" My father bought this place. Not for our family, not for vacations but only for making me what he wanted me to be. All my childhood was spent here all alone. I was five when Shehriyar was born. After his birth my father brought me here and left.

M

y father was an abuser. He whipped me, he cut my flesh. He burnt my skin. He home schooled me and even if I made a tiny bit of a mistake he would lock me in that basement for days with only a glass of water and without anything to eat . I wasn't allowed meet any other person than him.

It got worse as I grew up. He would lock me in a coffin in that basement. I didn't know when my mother died nor did anyone tell me. I wasn't there at her funeral. I didn't know about my youngest brother. I only knew one thing. I had to get out of here. I tried to run but he would always catch me. He burnt my feet and my legs. Then he made me run with those injuries.

And then I gave in. I became everything he wanted me to be. Strong, powerful, merciless , cold hearted or may I say heartless. I grew distant towards my family. I never could find home with them. I barely knew them.