Chapter 18

"Thank you for you presence here Mrs. Arish Malik." The lawyer said his eyes reflecting nothing but enemity .

"You claim that your friend Haina was raped? Or murdered?" He asked his eyes boring into mine.

"Sir as I have said before , they first raped her and then murdered her." I repeat the same thing he is asking me again and again.

"Where you there when they raped her? "

”No, I was not."

" So you are saying that you were not present when she was rapped but you were present when she was murdered."

" Yes!" I said tired of the repeated questions.

" So what were you doing there ? Why were you in that specific area?".

"Hania was dropping me there becau- " he cut me off.

"So Hania was there only to drop you and leave?"

"Yes!"

" And did she leave after dropping you?"

"Yes!"

" Did you watch her leave?"

"No! "

" Why was she dropping you there?" He asked his voiced raising a bit.

I took a breath and calmed myself down. " I was supposed to meet someone there."

"Who exactly?" I stopped for a moment and looked up to Arish . He nodded and smiled.

I can't tell this anymore. For the past few days I am tired of repeated that incident in front of everyone.

Then I see him. Reza ! He sat there looking ahead . His eyes dark void of emotions. He needs this to happen, Hania deserves justice .

And for some reason, I know this was not about Hania or Reza . It was about me.

" I don't know , someone blackmailed me into going there."

"You don't know who blackmailed you?".

"No!"

"What was he blackmailing you with?" He asked and I froze . The question I hated was shoved into my face. I had to answer everything but that. I can't bring myself to answer that. I just can't .

" Some personal information!" I declared with a shaky voice.

"So wher-" I cut him off.

"Sir , as I said before after I got out of the car . I went down the street ............." I told the story again. And everytime it just got harder and harder.

"You fainted before you were rescued? How did you presume that you were also raped?"

" Yes I fainted, that was the only possible conclusion that came up in my mind because I didn't know I was being rescued and the medical reports also said I was raped. "

"So your medical reports were false?"

" Yes they were fake."

"Do you have any proof that Hania's reports are not fake. If your reports can be fake then why not hers?."

" My medical reports being fake had nothing to do with me. "

"Thank you Mrs Arish , that was all I have to ask of you."

I went back and sat next to Arish . He placed a hand over mine and gave it a squeeze.

Reza was called he was asked why the medical reports were wrong and many other questions about Hania.