Chapter 24

"Stop right where you are, don't you dare come close to me." I yelled at him. I was tired of him, of continously fighting but was I going to stop ? never. Never!

He took one closer to me. And another. "I said stop!" I yelled again.

"And I don't remember telling you that I will listen to you." He stated coldly.

"Then I suppose I have to make you listen to me." I said looking straight in his eyes.

"And how would you do that" He smirked and his eyes where full of amusement as he crossed his arms .

Stop! How long will you fight.

My subconscious spoke.

Till my last breath!

I stepped closer to him. I am not as strong as him but at least I am not weak. I took one more step closer to him. He was confused I could see in it his eyes. "Coward!" I said him in animosity. His expression changed and his eyes where burning with anger. But soon he covered his emotion with his cold usual self. "What. Did. You. Say.?" he asked huskily.

"I said you are a coward. Who takes advantage of other's compulsions. I am not yours nor would I ever be. You are forcing yourself on me." I stated without letting my anger getting the best of me.

His stare was burning me. He took one step closer to me.

Stop!

My subconscious begged me to stop him. I wanted the same but my strength had died down.

He took one more step and he was too close, I wanted to push him but I lost my strength but I never learnt to give up. I was about to slap him when he whispered near my ear, " You will regret that. I promise." He smirked and stepped away from me.

"I hope you don't break your promises." I stoically stated.

He turned to face me, "I won't dear, I won't". His eyes sparkled with a glint. He left the room and I dropped myself on the floor. Hugging my knees. I thought.

How long do I have to fight? How long?

It seems that I will never get an answer to that. I looked down at my abdomen placing my hand on it. " Anything to protect you." I said as a tear fell down my cheek.

I know I can't give up fighting but I have to look after myself because it's not about me anymore. It's about my baby.

Just shut your mouth next time. Don't let your ego come in the way.

My subconscious spoke. I sighed and waited for him to come back.

As time went by my head started to spin and it felt like I was about to vomit. I laid down on the floor and closed my eyes. It was so cold here, my bones froze. I was hungry but thinking about food made me want to throw up. And most of all I miss home. Tears started staining my cheek.

I never prayed. But I had never been this helpless before either. I raised my hands and whispered. " Don't give the punishment of my mistakes to this child of mine. Give me strength to protect my child."

The light bulb went off and the room got completely dark, I wasn't scared of the dark then why this fear caged my heart. "Arish?" I yelled and soon realized what I had said. It made things worse. I missed him.

"Jellal?" I shouted. " Jellal! " I yelled again and again but no one came. I heard whispers of people calling my name. The gun shot , Hania yelling and the boys laughing. I screamed and screamed for help.

I sat down in a corner of the room placing a hand on my abdomen. " Don't harm my child please don't." I begged as I heard a gun shot again. " Isn't it your fault I am dead?" I heard Hania's voice.