11. Alex

5.16.19

I'm concerned about Ash. The last time I saw him he seemed really distressed, and he's been missing for about a week. In that time, I've mostly gotten over the fact that I have no friends and have proceeded onward with my life. However, all of the facts I've noted have been swirling around in my mind for the past few days, and I was beginning to put all of them together to make a believable story in my mind.

Twelve years ago, we attacked a vampire coven on October 10th. I know for absolute certain that he is a vampire. He hasn't smiled once, even when Bradley cracked a joke. Another way I could tell was that one night in the forest. He had told me that it wasn't safe with a grim look on his face, so I think he, like other emotionally unstable vampires, experiences uncontrollable thirst. I hoped I could help him with that by being his emotional support in the future, once he accepts me. That's all I want, is for him to allow me into his brain. Then again, I'm not that hopeful about it. If he's a vampire as I think, then he's going to be hard to crack... No matter, I'll just have to continue trying. You'd be surprised how pushy I can get.

I'm also suspecting he's the coven leader's son. I can figure that out by thinking about his behavior. He seemed to enjoy being able to take control over situations, his birthday all those years ago had been a whole coven event, and also the way that he believes he has dominance over the humans that attend this school. He seems to have established himself as the school's bad boy, and that was all so that no one would mess with him. No one would dare to try.

I watched my father kill my mate's family, how bad is that going to come across when I tell him? It's my fault that he's alone now, I killed that girl. I even hurt him, something I was certain that I would never forgive myself for. I was surprised he was still alive and hadn't descended slowly into madness, as I knew I would if I was placed into his shoes. My mother may have been killed, but I still had a friend network to support myself with.

I knew if my father could see into my mind and see the pity that I felt for the creature I was supposed to hate, he would dislike me even more than he did now. I mean, if Winny's reaction was that extreme, I'd bet that his would be deadly for both of us.

However even if my father would never appreciate him, he was mine and I loved him so much already. Nothing could change that, no matter what happened to me for showing him care. As naïve as if sounds, we could run away together, start a family, live like humans in a world that we make for ourselves.

I only realized that I had been awake all night when the sun arose from over the horizon, so I drew myself out of the dank hole and began my walk to school. Once I got in, a calendar that sat just outside of the principal's office read October 10th. "It's Ash's birthday, I wonder how old he is," I thought to myself while listening to Camden bickering with his own reflection. Could I please have an intelligent wolf?

I took my usual chair in the slightly cold classroom, praying silently in my mind for Ash to come today. I was ecstatic to see him enter the room silently, but my mood plummeted when I saw the slight puffiness around his eyes. I have to wonder what he was crying about, and how he's been doing it for a week.

"Hey," I muttered.

He looked towards me, but ignored me anyway. It kind of hurt, being ignored by the person who was supposed to care about me forever.

"Hey, um... I figured out how to use a calendar. It's October 10th today," I mentioned, hoping to get a response and failing miserably.

The only thing that let me know he heard me was the way that he flinched by knowing the date. I felt quite a bit of pity for him, that just the date could make him feel so sad. It was my fault, all mine. Actually, no that isn't fair. It isn't my doing, it was my father's. It isn't fair to myself to blame for something that small.

He looked to the clock and breathed, "Ten minutes."

I wondered what was in ten minutes, but didn't question him. Nine minutes later, I raised my hand and asked to use the restroom. The teacher responded that I could, so I walked out into the hallway and wandered around trying to figure out where it was. A few moments after that, I felt the bond nearly explode in my chest. It spread throughout my body, all the way to my toe tips. Camden howled about connectivity, but I ignored if because I really need to go.

It soon reduced to a dull ache that allowed me to focus on finding the place I covetted. Eventually, I found it and entered, shocked to see Ashton standing at the sink splashing his face in the cool water. His eyes snapped up to me, his facial expression changing to one that looked almost animalistic in nature. Has it happened?

As soon as we made eye contact, his eyes shimmered brighter than ever before, yet they still looked like they wanted to devour every bit of me. His jaw was tightened, creating an even sharper jawline than he had had a few seconds ago. He ran his tongue over his lips, sending pleasant shivers down my spine. No pleasant feelings when you're about to be consumed! Get a hold of yourself! Within a few seconds he had me pinned against the wall, his face right next to mine. Fear thrilled through my veins at the memory of every lie my father had told me. I don't want to die! Then, it hit me. Vampires don't get their soulmate until 20... He's experiencing what happened to me yesterday!

He leaned into me the rest of the way and pressed his firm, warm lips on to mine. The kiss was just the right amount of passion and roughness for me. The way he held me, firmly yet with a gentle kindness, left me breathless all on its own. I can't believe that I'm kissing him! 

"If you stop I swear to God I will slap you," Camden snarled in my head, and I wanted to murder him for ruining the perfect moment. For some reason, my body was willing to let him take the lead in the exchange, and I didn't have the heart to make my mind stop running wild with the constant joy of letting him in control. If my dad could see me now.

I moved my hand up to his hair and tangled my fingers into it, enjoying the perfect softness that I had never felt anywhere before. His head moved slightly from the force I applied, but it didn't seem to disturb him too much. In fact, I think it made him more likely to continue as he never let up, even to let me get a little bit of air.

Eventually we broke apart for air, and he opened his eyes to meet mine. The bright blue orbs were glazed over with lust and joy. The moment was ruined by the bell, and the shrill noise seemed to make him snap out of his trance. Uh oh.