21. Alex

6.26.19

I awoke with a shock, feeling Ash's arms keeping me in place. I looked around and recognized the tent back in Newfolk. Knowing I was trapped there, I relaxed into his warm chest. It was safe here; I was safe as long as I was with him. He was my rock. Finally he stirred, releasing his grip and sitting up. I wanted to let out a whine from the loss of his touch, but I didn't want to appear weak and needy so I didn't.

"Ewww we have school today," he complained, his bed head absolutely adorable. Little black strands of hair were sticking up everywhere on his head, and I just wanted to take a hair brush and go to work with him.

"Fix your hair, dork," I stated without even thinking about it. This is how I used to act around my friends, and I felt the odler Alex beginning to make an appearance to him. I'm starting to get comfortable with everything about him.

"Oh hush, you," he responded playfully, trying to flatten the mess that was his head. He wasn't very successful, so I reached up to help him. Once it finally settled, we sat facing each other. A light blush tainted his perfect cheeks, so I subconsciously leaned in. His lips barely brushed mine before someone busted into the tent. I looked at the entrance to see Kailey, and I wanted to be a bitch just because she had interrupted such a perfect moment.

"Hey, there's these two vampires by the entrance saying something about apologizing to your mate. You want me to let 'em in, or nah?"

Ash sighed. "Fine," he grumbled. My heart rate accelerated, and it was almost as if he had sensed it because his arms once again pulled me in protectively, just to be sure nothing would happen. I hope nothing will, he deserves his family. They stepped into the area, their eyes speaking their apologies, but I was still skeptical. How dare they do this to their own son that they hadn't seen in so long.

His father spoke first, his voice full of pent up hope. "I'm sorry, son. What I did was stupid, and I should have talked to him before I jumped to conclusions."

"Yeah, you should've," Ash snarled bitterly, his deep voice rumbling his chest against my back. The vibrations soothed me even more, and I allowed myself to untense at least slightly because muscle tightness is a pain.

"P-please, son. We can't lose you again," he pleaded, shocking me. It must have hurt his pride to beg, but he did it anyway. Ash remained quiet, clearly pondering his choice thoroughly. I knew he was questioning only for my sake since if he wasn't he would've just said yes already, so I lifted my face as much as I could and gave him a quick peck on his hard chin.

"I'll forgive you, but I'll never be able to forget. If you do any more harm to him I won't hesitate to end our exchanges together for the rest of your stupid life you hear? That's a promise.

They both seemed to sigh in unspoken relief at his words. His mother turned to me sadly, simply saying, "I'm so sorry for what we subjected you to, deary." My mind was rushing at a mile a minute, and my ability to forgive way too quickly shone through. I should really think about disabling this it causes a lot of unnecessary stress on my part. I smiled back at her to communicate my forgiveness, but my mind was still a hurricane.

"We have to go to school," Ash declared, picking me up. His parents left, so he started to change his clothes right before my eyes.

"Seriously, right there is where you decided to change," I whispered in false anger secretly enjoying the little show. However, my pride wouldn't let me admit it, so I just ignored the fact that I liked it even in the slightest.

"Yep! Feel free to borrow my clothes."

We stepped out of the tent once I was done before walking to school together hand in hand. I enjoyed listening to him crack jokes, and all I could hope is that he would continue until the day we died. I love him too much.

***

I sat in first block a taking a test when the ring I wore that had the pack emblem on it began to feel warm against my finger. I looked outside of the window to see a storm brewing up, and then back down at my ring to see it glowing blue. I raised my hand swiftly and excused myself, running outside with Ash closely following. In a fit of instinct, I threw my hand up into the air where the sky seemed to connect to my fingertips. At that moment, the rain began pouring down, soaking Ashton and I.

The blue glow began to fizz around us again, encasing us in a place that seemed like our own world. A slip of red slid out from around his eyes as he approached me, his arm outstretched. As soon as he touched my arm, the storm began to calm while the blue aura around us turned purple. It began to turn redder while the storm slowed around us and the sun began to show. Eventually I managed to drag my hand from its upward position, halting the storm and breaking the aura completely. The energy seemed to have been completely depleted from me, and I turned to look at him very soaked.

We locked eyes silently, and it was needless to say that he was just as shocked as I was.

"What was that?" he asked, looking me in the eyes.

"I have no idea."

"You don't know? You just summoned a storm with your hand!"

"Well technically it was already brewing, I just helped it get stronger."

His expression softened, and then he suddenly commented, "it looked really hot though.

I felt a blush begin to creep up on my cheeks, and quickly shot back a, "I could say the same for you. We need to get back inside or the teacher will write us up for skipping."

While he was confused as to why we were soaked, the teacher thankfully didn't write us up. The rest of the day passed without incident, but while we walked through the woods the worst thing happened.

Winston intercepted our walk, grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me off to the side.

"Why the fuck are you walking through the woods with him? I don't understand why you're so attached to Ashton!" he yelled.

"For the last time, he is my mate!"

"You can't have a boy mate! It's not possible."

"Yeah, well apparently it is because I do."

At that moment Ash came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He put his face in my neck and aimed his eyes at Winny.

"What seems to be the problem?" he asked nonchalantly.

"You are!" I released a loud growl at that comment. He could beat me down, but once he started attacking Ash he was going to get it.

"Your dad wants you back in the pack now, Alex," he stated.

"Absolutely not."

"You don't have a choice."

"Yes I do, and my choice is no. I'm not coming back, not now, not ever. Being away from there made me realize how much of a crap-hole it is."

"But-"

"No. Go away, bish."

I took Ash's hand and waltzed out of there like the flicking princess I was. Darn, that was gay.

Once we were far away, Ash hugged me strongly. "That was so good, baby," he praised happily, his words sinking into me.

I suddenly heard something behind us and realized that Winston had followed us to see where we were going. He was probably going to report it back to my father, so I grabbed Ash's hand and began pulling him towards my alley. He didn't even question it and followed me just like that was where we were going the whole time. We went behind the dumpster and sat down.

"What the hell?" he breathed, barely being heard in the loud city.

"Winston was following us and I didn't want him to find the coven."

"Oh. We'll stay here for tonight then."

We talked about random things until I got tired beyond belief.

"Goodnight," Ash whispered before I sank into a calm sleep.