{9} - Good Morning

Although Bethany was originally just going to let Sebastian sleep she had a very pressing question. When she walked back into the bedroom he was awake. He was sitting up and using his phone.
"Morning, Baby girl." He said as she walked in.
"You don't have a coffee maker?" She replied.
"Yes I do." She put her hands on her hips and raised her eyebrows.
"Really?"
"It's in the cabinet over the stove."
"Well how the fuck was I supposed to know that?" He shrugged. "And why you do you keep it in the cabinet?"
"Because I don't drink coffee."
"Heresy." She said with a smile before she left to go get the coffee maker. Sebastian got up and pulled on a shirt before joining her in the kitchen. What he found made him stop. Bethany was standing on the counter, leaning over the stove so she could get the coffee maker.
"What are you doing?" He asked, trying not to laugh.
"Maybe you haven't noticed, but I'm short. And when you're short you improvise." She looked back at the cabinet. "I'm not seeing the coffee maker."
"It's probably in the back. I hardly ever use it." Being very careful she stepped over the stove so she could look in the other side of the cabinet. It took her another minute before she found a very dusty French press.
"So we have a coffee maker. Do we have coffee?"
"In the freezer." Sebastian told her while he put the kettle on the stove. She sat down on the counter, then slid off.
"How does this work? I've never made coffee with a French press."
"You measure coffee grounds and put them in the bottom. Then you boil water and pour it over the grounds. You stir it, leave it for four minutes and then push the plunger down." She nodded and turned the tap on so she could wash the French press before they used it. When the coffee maker was clean Bethany took a seat on the counter beside the stove.
"Kiss?" She asked.
"I haven't brushed my teeth."
"Neither have I. Kiss?" He smiled and shook his head as he stepped between her legs and gave her a gentle kiss.
"I'm gonna grab a shower."
"Okay! I'll make the coffee." He kissed her forehead before heading back to the bedroom. She got the coffee ready and sat at the table while she waited. She grabbed a napkin and pen and started to draw Sebastian. As she drew she bummed and eventually started singing.
"The sword of time will pierce our skin. It doesn't hurt when it begins. But as it works it's way on in the pain grows stronger watch it grin."
"What are you singing?" Bethany jumped when he spoke and turned to look at him.
"Suicide is painless. It's the opening theme for MASH. Have you ever seen it?"
"Not that I know of."
"My dad used to watch it all the time 'cos Mom likes to watch Jeopardy and it came on right after that. Can you push the thing down on the coffee while I go wash my face?"
"Sure." She stood and gave him a kiss on the cheek before walking past him into the bedroom and then the bathroom. When she came back from washing her face she poured herself a cup of coffee.
"Hey! Look! My coffee's smiling at me." She giggled and snapped a picture of it.

———

bennyharris

❤️liked by remingtonleith, niedosyt and 1,009 othersbennyharris I HOPE YOUR DAY IS AS HAPPY AS MY COFFEE!

bennyharris I HOPE YOUR DAY IS AS HAPPY AS MY COFFEE!

load more comments
user1 that's amazing
user2 I hope so too
user3 I HOPE YOURS IS AS HAPPY AS YOUR COFFEE TOO
krisisaverted ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
jakepittsbvb you spammed me and now you're ignoring me? Rude
user4 HAVE A GOOD MORNING BENNY
user5 there should be a happy coffee emoji
bennyharris IM WORKING ON IT! CHILL! jakepittsbvb

———

"So I just realized I don't have creamer for your coffee. I don't even have milk because I haven't gone shopping yet." Sebastian informed her as he looked in the fridge.
"Do you have sugar, because I could probably drink it without creamer as long as you have sugar."
"That I do have." He shut the fridge and opened a cabinet beside the stove, pulling a mostly empty bag of sugar out.
"Excellent." After doctoring her coffee she announced, "I'm going to have my coffee outside." She opened the French doors that led to the balcony and sat down in one of the chairs. Sebastian joined her a few seconds later with a cup of tea and a leather bound notebook that he sat on the table.
"What's the notebook for?"
"This is where is sit to think. So I keep the notebook close just in case." She smiled. "What?"
"Nothing, you're just cute, that's all."
"Not as cute as you, baby girl."
"Don't." She his behind her hand and her mug, "not this soon after getting up." She was blushing. He just smiled and sipped his tea.
"Do you have any plans for today?"
"Why?"
"Mom wants to meet you."
"Oh. Sure. When?"
"This evening. The plan is to meet at Remington and Emerson's place and then we'll go to dinner."
"Sounds good. I'm doing a thing with Jake in a couple hours."
"What thing?" She smiled and held a finger to her lips. He rolled his eyes.
"Fine. Keep your secrets."
"I will. I'll need to go home soon. So I can shower and get ready for the day."
"Okay."
"Do you have any plans?"
"Grocery shopping. And some laundry since all my socks are dirty."
"That sounds super exciting. I wish I could help."
"Mmm." They sat in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying the gentle breeze and the sound of violin from somewhere below them. Bethany yawned.
"Does your neighbor always play violin so early?"
"They play basically all day and all night with snack breaks occasionally."
"I see. Well, they're not bad."
"No they aren't." Bethany took a drink of her coffee and grimaced.
"No offense, but this is quite possibly the worst cup of coffee I've ever had." She said and sat her mug down.
"Not as happy as it was before?"
"Not even close." She smiled.
"I'll buy you a coffee before I take you home." She nodded and went back to enjoying the view and the violin. She inhaled deeply and sighed in contentment. She wished that every morning could be like that one.