{23} - Holy Shit

For the rest of their trip Bethany was nauseous on and off , but never threw up again, so she didn't think much of it. She was in heaven. Sleeping in and waking up with Sebastian, swimming, going to beach, finding cute little places to eat, going to the zoo. It was amazing to be free of responsibilities even if only for a few days.

———
The morning of their last full day there they decided to actually eat breakfast in the restaurant instead of in bed. Bethany was having another bout of nausea.
"You okay?" Sebastian asked. Bethany was frowning at her yogurt cup.
"This tastes really gross." She put her spoon down and sipped her coffee. She made a face. "And so does this." She sighed.
"Do you want more? I can get you another cup." She smiled and shook her head.
"No thanks. I'll survive." He didn't look convinced. "I'm fine." He pursed lips then nodded and went back to his breakfast. Bethany picked up her phone. When the screen woke up the first thing she saw was the date. For the first time it crossed her mind that there was a distinct possibility she might be pregnant. She was only two days late and that wasn't uncommon, but it was probably worth checking. Just to be safe.

———
"Alright, I wasn't gonna say anything, but I have to know," Sebastian said as they stepped into the elevator in their hotel, "did you actually enjoy that?" Bethany looked deeply offended.
"You didn't? It was fun!"
"It was legos."
"I've always wanted to go! It's amazing. All those massive projects. Some of those took years to complete. Talk about commitment." Sebastian smiled.
"Well, I'm glad you had fun, but that was the most boring hour and a half of my life." Bethany laughed.
"Well, thanks for taking me. I really did have fun." He shook his head and put his arm around her shoulders.
"The world needs more passion like yours." He said and pressed a kiss to her forehead. She went pink in the face.
"Thank you." The elevator dinged and the doors slid open.
"I think I'm gonna go for one last swim. Wanna join me?" Sebastian asked as he unlocked their door.
"Mm, thanks, but I'm actually gonna soak in the tub again."
"You do realize that's essentially the same thing I'll be doing downstairs?"
"Ah, but I'll be warm and alone so I can read my book uninterrupted. And I can have bubbles." She grinned.
"Fair enough." Sebastian stripped and put on his trunks before putting his robe on and leaving. Bethany stepped into the bathroom with her purse still over her arm and locked the door behind her. Before they'd left earlier Bethany had gotten a pregnancy test from the little store in the lobby while Sebastian brought the car around. And now the first thing she was going to do was take the test.

———
An hour later Sebastian came back to find Bethany laying on the bed, wrapped in her robe with her hair in a towel obviously playing a game on her phone while listening to Black Veil Brides.
"I'm gonna grab a shower to get rid of the chlorine smell and then we can decided what we want to do for dinner." He said before closing the bathroom door behind himself. Bethany waited anxiously for him to come out.

"So, I need to tell you something." She said as soon as the door opened and steam started pouring out. Sebastian looked at her, still drying his hair with one of the hand towels.
"Okay." She took a deep breath.
"We're gonna have a baby." She said softly. His hand fell to his side and he stared at her with wide eyes.
"You-you're sure?" He asked. She nodded.
"I mean, unless the test lied."
"We're having a baby?!" She smiled and nodded again. "Oh my gosh! Bumblebee, we're having a baby!" He dropped the towel and pulled her up into a hug. She laughed and smiled and hugged him tightly. He kissed her and then held her to his chest again. She could hear his heart racing.
"A little bit excited, baby?" She asked with a giggle.
"Fuck yes. We're having a baby!"
"I'm glad you're happy."
"I'm so fucking happy, baby girl!" He kissed her again and she laughed. "I love you."
"I love you."

———
"This has been the best trip ever." Bethany said, turning her head to look at Sebastian. They were laying in bed with only one of the lamps on the nightstand on after some particularly great celebration sex.
"Mm." Sebastian hummed, turning to press his nose into her hair. "Fuck yeah."
"Kinda don't wanna go back, y'know?"
"Yeah." Sebastian yawned. "Can't wait to tell my mom. She's gonna flip."
"My parents too. Although, to be honest I'm a little concerned how they're gonna react because I'm still pretty young and we haven't been together that long and-"
"Hey." He cut her off, "they're also people who have kids way earlier in relationships and way way later. Every couple is different. And maybe you are young, but a baby isn't gonna derail your whole life, you can still find another job and come on tour with me if you want."
"Yeah. I guess so. It's just-it's a lot to process. I mean, everything's going to change." She shifted away a little so she could look into his eyes. "It's kinda terrifying."
"Well, yeah. Of course it is." He propped himself up on his elbows, "A baby does change everything. But it's not a bad thing. And it's definitely scary going into it with no idea what we're doing, but we'll learn. Two of us and one baby, I think we can handle that, don't you?" Bethany smiled and nodded.
"Yeah. Kiss?" He smiled and leaned over to press his lips to hers. "Do you want a boy or a girl?"
"Mm, a boy. Watching Rem and Em has always had me wondering what my own sons would be like. But a girl would be alright too. A little mini you. There's no way she wouldn't be cute."
"What if she ended up a mini you?" She asked. Sebastian pulled a face and Bethany laughed. "Boy or girl they'd be so cute with your blue eyes and chin dimple." He smiled and leaned over to kiss her, feeing like the luckiest man alive.