Chapter Nine

The next morning Areum woke up to her phone vibrating next to her on the dresser. She slapped her hand around on the wooden surface trying to find her phone without opening her eyes.

Once she grabbed it, she answered with groggy sleep filled voice without checking the caller id "hello?"

"it's me Areum don't hang up please." Said Zitao.

She sat up immediately looking nervously at Junmyeon sleeping next to her wearing only his boxers as if he could hear Zitao on the phone "wh-why are you calling me?"

Zitao sighed heavily sounding very resentful "because I wanna apologize for real this time. Can you meet for lunch?"

Areum couldn't believe what she was hearing. She tried not to stutter or sound afraid as she spoke "I don't.... I don't think I should after what you did."

Zitao chuckled softly speaking with a light tone "I'll call you later and tell you where to meet me."

Areum hung up the phone with a heavy feeling in her chest.

Junmyeon's raspy morning voice scared her a little making her jump "sweetie come back to sleep."

He gently squeezed the soft flesh of her thigh "are you ok? You're shaking."

Areum nervously looked at Junmyeon his back still facing her "I I'm fine Myeon just a bad dream. Go back go back to sleep."

Junmyeon sat up worry filling his chest at her nervous stuttering "Areum?"

She ignored the ping of pain in her heart and kissed Junmyeon sweetly before quickly running to the bathroom promptly locking herself in.

She doesn't know long she's been locked in the bathroom when she hears soft knocking followed by her brother's voice "Areum hey angel can you let me in?"

She didn't answer him or open the door. She felt like she was going insane her head was spinning. She closed her eyes for a moment when she opened them Kyungsoo was sitting across from her.

She gasped in surprise "how'd you get in here Soo?"

He looked over at the window "Chanyeol helped. We're worried about you Areum. You've been in here for three hours."

Areum pulled her legs closer to her chest and shyly looked at Kyungsoo "I'm just having a dilemma Soo."

Kyungsoo took her shaky hands in his own "what's wrong? I can have Yeol Sehun or Jongin come talk to you."

Areum shook her head so fast Kyungsoo was worried it'd fall off "no they'd be so mad at me. I need to do this or not do this on my own. Can you tell them I'm fine? I just wanna be alone for a while."

Kyungsoo nodded and kissed her head "I'll bring you some food in a little bit."

"love you Soo."

Kyungsoo ran and gentle had through her hair "are you sure you're ok?"

She nodded "I'll explain later. I promise."

Kyungsoo left and Areum quickly locked the door again. Afraid Sehun or Chanyeol would come in and see just how not ok she was.

Areum's phone rang scaring her "hello?"

"hi beautiful. Meet me at Ryan's fish shack in ten minutes." Said Zitao before hanging up.

Areum sighed and got dressed in Jongin's clothes. Sweatpants and an oversized sweater and some black converse. She brushed her hair and teeth before sneaking downstairs only to run into Jongin and Kyungsoo outside.