Ch.1

'Maya' Sana one of my best friend's elbowed me while I was busy daydreaming about the weekend in the middle of a lecture.

'He has been talking about the same thing for the past three days Sana...last night I even dreamt about markets crashing and disrupting our economy, oh wait it already is...I can't take it anymore' I closed my eyes and placed my head down on the desk to take a much-needed nap.

'I wonder who invented the concept of a three-hour lecture? I honestly stop processing information after like an hour' I mumbled to her. Minutes later when I didn't get a response from her, I opened my eyes and saw her including the rest of the class staring at me.

'What happened?' I felt some movement behind me, so I scooted closer to Sana and asked her. Instead of using words, she pointed her fingers behind me and I turned around only to find some strange guy around the same age as me... young, except dressed in a navy-colored suit looking directly at me. I turned my head at the front to look at the professor, but he was nowhere on sight.

'Get up' I heard the guy from behind say and I turned back around to look at him.

'Excuse me? Who are...' I started to speak but he moved closer to me, so I automatically got up to add some space between us. I had no idea who he was or what his intentions were.

'You may leave the classroom' He ordered me, and I looked around the classroom. Everyone was staring at me and I felt my cheeks turning red out of embarrassment.

'You can't order me around like that...you're not the...' I said in a low voice but got cut off midway.

'Mr. Zain is everything okay?' I heard my professor ask the man who stood in front of me as he made his way to the back of the class where I was standing.

'One of your students was sleeping in the class when I walked in' The man by the name of Zain complained to my professor. What a snitch.

'Maya, I told you many times to...' My professor looked at me irritably.

'Mahmood Sir, I promise you I wasn't sleeping, I just put my head down to rest for a while you stepped out because my head is hurting...I have a terrible headache' I tried to excuse and massaged the side of my forehead to add more weight to my statement.

'If your head is hurting then I suggest you leave the classroom and go see a doctor' Again the same guy spoke. What was his deal?

'Thanks for your suggestions but I think I'll stay' I sat back down on my seat and looked ahead.

'She is one of our top students...she must not be feeling well... Mr.Zain...please...if you don't mind we should move forward' Mahmood Sir suggested.

'As you say' The guy gave me one long hard glance before walking to the front of the class along with the professor. Turned out the rude guy by the name of Zain was a surprise guest speaker from a consulting company that he owned which supported young entrepreneur with their start-ups. He was here to inform business students in our college about his new office opening in the nearby area.

'And lastly, I want to add that our location also offers working space for students where they can work on their projects and connect with our experts on site for additional support to test out ideas or seek other opportunities to thrive as an entrepreneur' Zain added at the end of his presentation. Many students went up to him to ask him questions or find more about his journey to success, but I wasn't interested in it. Not only did he insult me in front of the class but throughout his presentation whenever he talked about professionalism and workplace guidelines, he started at me as if he was trying to look down on me.

'Maya, where are you going? Come here' Mahmood Sir stopped me on my way out of the class. Sana excused herself to go the cafeteria because she was starving so I let go of her and went up to the professor who was standing close to Zain.