Ch. 43

'Can you please stay for tonight? I know Zain Bhai won't let you out of his sight tomorrow' Ramsha looked at me while I was having dinner with my family after ages. Zain had a meeting so he was away. Since my birthday was tomorrow, he wanted to take a day off from work so he can spend an entire day with me. He said he was planning a getaway for just the two of us.

'Everyone must be waiting and I didn't tell anyone that I'll be staying here...' I started but Mama interrupted me.

'No one is going to have a problem...except for you two' She referred to me and Zain as she eyed Papa and he smiled.

'Mama' I stared at her, feeling my cheeks getting warmer. I never thought I'll ever blush just thinking about my husband in front of my parents one day.

'Please stay, we'll watch a movie and have ice cream' Ramsha continued.

'Okay fine, I'll stay' I nodded and picked up my phone to message Anum and Zain that I'll be staying at my parent's house. Moments later I received a reply from Anum telling me to enjoy and that she'll remember to give Abbas uncle his daily medicine after dinner. I was never forced to do any work or pick up any duties around the house, I wanted to do those things naturally, the way Zain and his family welcomed me into their family and made me feel like I was an important part of their lives made me want to take care of them in return from heart.

'Jamila and Abbas Bhai are so fond of you, you were in office when I came to see you the other day and they told me how much they miss you when you're not around. They say you take such good care of them' My mother told my father while patting my shoulders with pride in her eyes.

'I never doubted our daughter, I knew that whoever she chooses to marry will be a lucky man and she will bring joy to his home' Papa gently smiled in my direction. The peace in the eyes of my parents made me realize how much they were once worried about my marriage, girl's parents always worry about what type of guy their daughter will share her life with, they wonder if he'll keep her as happy as she was at her own home with her own family, they wonder if he'll protect her and respect her the way she deserves. I knew not everyone was lucky that way, I never asked for anything out of the ordinary, I only asked for respect, trust and love from my partner and received that and much more in return from Zain. He said I was the part of his life that made him feel whole; in my case he was the only part that brought me the most joy. Every moment that I spent with him was better than the one before, he kept the promises that he made and each day took me by surprise by the efforts that he made to make our relationship stronger.

'I am not going to pause for too long' I heard Ramsha say to me as I ran downstairs to the kitchen from her room to grab my phone which I forgot while having dinner earlier.

'Hello' I breathed heavily as I answered the call, trying to catch my breath.

'Hey I just saw your message, I am on my way' Zain responded over the phone.

'Zain I am staying here today, Ramsha wants to spend some time with me. I always promise her that I'll stay with her but you always end up changing my mind' I told him.

'How am I going to sleep without you?' His question made me smile.

'Enjoy your bed all yourself, besides you always tell me that I sleep weird and I don't let you sleep peacefully' I reminded him.

'I'll wait for you, come back once she falls asleep' He said instead.

'Zain...you use to sleep before we got married, you'll be fine' I remarked.

'You'll be able to sleep without me?' He asked, he always held my hand when we sleep, I got so used to it that I wasn't sure if I'll be able to sleep without him.