Ch. 17

'I can't go with him' I reversed the thought process seconds after agreeing to let Zain drive me home. I was scared to listen to whatever he had to say, I was scared of getting hurt. When it came to him, I was afraid of what he might propose if I see him.

'You are going with him...I think he is going to confess' Sana said to me as we walked further away from the rest of the crowd to talk in private.

'Confess? There is nothing to confess' I told her.

'Really? Who do you think I am? Common everyone can see that he likes you and you like him so why is it bothering you so much?' She questioned me. Why? Because I have never had a single decent conversation with him, he was either ice cold or hot like fire...there was no balance in him. He was moody, arrogant and thought he could do whatever the hell he wanted. How could I like someone like him?

'Hello,' Sana poked my arm.

'He orders me around...he didn't ask me...he just commanded' I told her as if she weren't there. She saw what he did and how he did it when he told me he'll be driving me home.

'I know what he said...I was there. Look what's the harm in going with him? If you don't like him then just tell him to clear any misunderstanding he might have from your side' She advised me.

'Misunderstanding? I don't give him any signals Sana...he just wants to play with my emotions...he's been doing that since the day we met. It's like we're playing games with each other and it's not good for any of us. I'll tell him that' I finally said.

'You sure you'll say that?' She asked me as if she didn't believe me.

'I will...you will see' I nodded and made a promise with myself to stick with my words. I was going to tell him once in for all to stay out of my life.

After spending some more time at the party, I decided it was time to leave. I got up and decided to check on Zain to see if he was still interested in dropping me home but on my way, Zeeshan Bhai stopped me.

'You got a second?' He asked me.

'Yeah...sure' I looked around but didn't see Zain anywhere. We went to a picnic table closeby to talk.

'Is everything okay with you?' I asked him after carefully looking at him. He seemed worried.

'Did you talk to Anum recently?' He asked me suddenly. Anum?

'Anum?...Yes, this morning...but I haven't seen her for some time' I told him, waiting for him to explain further.

'Listen...maybe I should have spoken to you first...shit I had no idea and I found out later about her and no one knows this ...I thought maybe if you can talk to her' He kept on blabbering. What was he trying to say?

'What are you saying Zeeshan Bhai? I don't understand...' I said to him.

'You ready?' I heard a voice coming from behind so we both turned around and saw Zain looking between the two of us. His playful smile was now replaced with a more serious look. I got up and Zeeshan Bhai followed me as I walked towards him.

'You're leaving? Can you stay...please' Zeeshan Bhai looked at me. I felt bad for him, I knew there was something wrong and he needed to talk, I felt bad seeing him like that.

'No...I am staying' I replied and returned my attention to Zain.

'I am sorry but I won't be able to come with you' I quickly said before each word felt a thousand times heavier.

'I need to talk to him' I gestured towards Zeeshan Bhai.

'Got it' Zain stepped back immediately and walked out without saying anything and I felt a hard pinch in my chest. I froze for a second...seeing him walking away like that bothered me. I should have handled things more carefully.