Prologue

What meaning did it hold?

What was meant to be discovered?

Or was it his vision upon the reality in which he lives in?

The stories of those characters he witnessed.

Their inside struggle.

The emotions they displayed with every action they took.

Was it a reflection of the constant struggle that brewed inside the young adolescent?

Or was it his way of connecting to others?

To vent, perhaps?

All of it was fantasy.

Make believe.

Not real.

He thought over and over. Repeating it until it left a scorching mark in his stubborn head.

The Darkworld was nothing more than an illusion.

Just a trick of his slightly twisted mind.

A place in which the characters are merely toys to be played with.

Just toys.

The thought of this made him shudder in utter disgust. It was atrocious to even think about, but why did he even thought of it?

Maybe he saw himself as one of the beings that his mind animated.

A pawn in the hands of the puppet master.

An avatar in the hands of The Player.

Kris laid there while his mind swarmed with thoughts.

But why did he need to connect?

And to his bully, out of all people.

But that smile she wore after, and the care that dripped in her words.

"Let's go back there again tomorrow."

Kris felt his soul swell when he reminded himself of the friendship he earned. The possible blooming of it.

Her genuine smile in which he earned.

Her trust.

Her care.

Possibly, her-

Than his soul ached. It grasped onto his vessel, a pulse of powerful need.

The need to destroy.

The need of control.

A voice that was eerie and mixed, blunt and lifeless, yet undeniably devious spoke. The thoughts ceased letting their voice slice through.

"You thought I was gone? well..." They mused, stopping in mid-sentence to tease Kris, while enjoying him shake with their every word that slip through them, "I'm back!~"

The coo in their words was revolting to hear, and this made it all the more uncomfortable for this young man.

They stood there facing him. They only held a devious smirk, no eyes, and yet, it made Kris petrified.

Kris spoke with a clear voice, shaking but tipped his chin up to possibly taunt this sinister entity, "I told you before, I will never give in."

The courage he displayed stunned The Player, and Kris felt proud of his act. But that disappeared in matter of seconds as they grinned.

"Feeling brave, are we?" They asked with amusement lacing their words, "This makes this all the more fun!"

A maniacal laugh followed suite. Kris clutching his head in attempt to silence the echoing chuckles. A sick feeling in his stomach had started to build.

His body became bent to The Player's will, while Kris was occupied with the struggle of earning peace of mind.

Kris eyes widened, and he slowly lost himself. His eyes hazed over, only catching the brief glint of the knife that laid on top the dresser.

One more doubtful thought, but still pushed through.

He was determined not to let this being win.

Even in blood, he will not let this being win.

With the last bit of strength he mustered, he snatched the knife. Positioning it to its destination.

A growl with a threat, "Don't you dare, Kris! I'm in control!" They shouted, a desperate one, still in mix with that eerie tone.

"No, I am."

With the words he chose to breath out, he stabbed his chest, just enough to open his skin. With a cry and a rip, he took his soul.

Blood stained his shirt, dripping onto the hardwood floor.

The soul was red, but the aura it gave off was not of determination. But instead, it felt unruly and desperate. Anger that burned bright with the last words The Player  left.

"You'll regret this."

Kris looked at his soul with lifeless eyes, no longer having strength to silence this maniacal being. A last use of his strength, then he threw it inside the cage.

A cold glint was seen in his emotionless state.

Crimson orbs seen through his fringe. It looked as if blood pooled over his eyes.

One last glance of that cold, cold stare, he threw himself to bed, not caring of the bloody mess he left. He needed sleep.

'The Player will never win.'

'Because I am in control'

With the last thoughts that swam in his head, he slept.

If he never felt anything, wouldn't that be good?

Wouldn't that mean they will never gain control?

There was no flaw, was there?

No question to this plan of his.

Right?

Wrong.

•••••••••••

That was scary. For me.

How are you enjoying this?

Correct my grammar, I am open to criticism!

~Aivianne