12- It's all your fault

Don't worry. Nothing rash ahead. Just some blood. You know, nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm so evil for getting used to this.

(Art is mine. Judge meh.)

••••••••••

The day was spent blissfully. Adolescents in the morning sun, laughing so innocently and chasing one another endlessly till they needed to stop and heave their breaths.

Kris had to leave early, being extra precautious and punctual in his arrival home because of his mother.

He arrived home by sunset. The light of the sun painting the town still. Saturation of orange and hue of gold.

He spent the night reminiscing of how much closer they have gotten by only a day. How sweet it was to feel.

Midnight came, and Toriel had just gotten home. In her arrival, she saw a fast asleep but blissful Kris laying atop the couch.

Toriel smiled gently and picked up Kris, being very careful not to awake him.

She steadily climed the stairs, carrying her adoptive son with care.

She hasn't seen him smile in a while, and seeing him so happy made her motherly nature burn with euphoria.

Toriel came face-to-face with Kris' bedroom door, having a bit of trouble opening it, but it came ajar after some struggle.

Kris stirred but his blissful aura remained unfazed, making Toriel sigh in relief.

She layed him down on his bed, smiling very gently as Kris snuggled up to his pillow. Toriel merely chuckled and pulled the sheets so he'd have warmth.

To see Kris smile again was wonderful, and she couldn't have it any other way.

Except...

Toriel glanced at the unoccupied bed right across Kris', how it was simply adorned with plentiful achievements varying from athleticism to academics.

Toriel set her gaze to Kris, sighing softly once more, "Don't worry, my child. He will come home soon," she stood up after, careful not to let her steps cause a creak.

She wanted to see Kris as happy as he is now, for she believed not even something as bittersweet as his brother leaving could wipe how blissful he looked. It gave off something she just couldn't deny.

She left the room knowing her child was comfortable even with the darkness that loomed where he laid.

She was contented with that smile of his.

But as she left, the shadows slithered, grasping his sleeping figure.

~~~~~~~

Kris' P.O.V.

I was in a world where only sunshine existed. Where life was bountiful, evident because of the luscious plants that grew.

Everyone was here.

Mom.

Dad.

Even Asriel.

To see my brother in my dreams was a norm now, but what really caught my eyes is who stood out from the rest.

Susie.

I've never dreamt of her before. Let alone have a dream of goodness. This was too good. Too wonderful for me to deserve...

Almost like a facade...

A trap...

To lure me...