16- Piano keys

This will be my favorite type of subtle fluff!

Yey to fluffiness!

(That's my Ralsei drawing. That would make much more sense if you read the chappie. Any critics?)

••••••••••

"Where am I?" Susie rubbed her eyes, yawning obnoxiously, it was her nature after all.

Kris just sat there, and tried to fluff her hair a bit more. Although, she kept shooing his hand away, still not use to feeling such an affectionate action.

He stopped his ruffling and asked back, "You don't remember anything?"

Susie merely yawned and answered, "Nope."

For a few moments, everything went silent. And Kris couldn't help but feel uneasy.

Susie was obviously uninterested on how she got hurt. What happened with her father wasn't really a problem. Who knocked her out was not the suspect.

She didn't care of how. This was a norm. Pain was a friend. As her father would say.

She shook that off and continued to lay on top the soft bed. She hadn't slept in one for almost sixteen years.

Susie's bandage was sealed on tight, but she was lacking nutrition. But aside from that, she was perfectly fine.

It was Tuesday. Asriel had gone out and took care of his luggage. Dr. Auburn had yet to come. And of course, Toriel was at work.

It was just the two of them. The hospital was strangely quite and desolate.

And their lack of communication made the silence eerier.

Then, out of the blue, Kris spoke, "Hey, Susie."

Susie turned and looked at him, and answered, "Yeah, dork?"

Kris slightly winced at the sound of that familiar nickname, but continued, "Wanna go explore?" He asked hestitantly, gazing at her through brunet fringe.

Susie just shrugged, not really caring, and got off the bed. It was like she couldn't care less of how she was going to end up, it was like she surrendered.

But no, there was a faint pulse of determination that was coming off of her. She still held on, even with one hand holding the edge.

They both headed out of the room. Susie yawned and placed her hands on her hips. Looking even more intimidating than earlier.

"Okay, where are we going first?" Susie asked, looking around, her voice booming with ferocity. Sorrow? There was none. She didn't care.

Kris slightly squeaked in hearing her voice. And fumbled with his fingers as he had trouble to speak, "Umm... Let's just walk around. See if we find anything," Kris suggested.

Susie merely nodded, "M'kay," She said simply. And started to walk by herself, looking around. She had a blank stare in every item she gazed upon.

Kris followed as he struggled to keep up with her. Susie had a great stature in comparison to Kris. In which, makes her the upper hand in scenarios like these.

Kris simply looked around, not interested as well. Nothing catching his eye.

"So, how've you been, squirt?" Susie asked suddenly, and her voice was laced oddly with eagerness.

Kris was slightly taken aback, but settled down a little after, "Nothing out of the ordinary. Just got sent to the hospital because I almost killed myself. Thanks for asking." Kris answered sarcastically. Looking at Susie like it was the most obvious thing in the world.