8- A curse of our own

Don't worry. I have a Sans-ational idea.

And the drawing is how I felt during this chapter. But I found an idea! Yey!

Criticism is allowed for mah cwappy awt.

Going off...!

••••••••••

She finished her song. And Kris shifted but not enough for Susie to be jolted from her daze.

Her voice was not to be heard, in her view. It's a way to relieve the building ache that the burden had put on her.

She carried the voice of her mother, she liked it that way, it wasn't too sweet nor rough. But the voice she had carried another burden for her to fulfill.

Susie was tired, she did not understand why she kept Kris tucked next to her, but it helped. The blaring sunlight peeking through her fringe, she squinted and continued to keep quiet.

Kris heard every savory lyric that slip through her, enjoying the lingering memory it left.

Susie was glad he didn't hear, well, in her perspective anyway. She grew afraid of how her simple verse could affect Kris' view of her interests.

Music was not her suit, to her, the voice was a curse that left a hole for her to fill. It was never truly filled, for as time flew, the man that yearned for that voice only grew more bitter as she spoke back with the ferocity she was known for.

A curse.

That was what it was, she thought over and over.

It's a curse.

But it was wrong to think that way. Her tone was of her mother's, speaking ill of it made it seem like she sinned.

She sighed and glanced at Kris' "sleeping" figure. She wondered why her body needed the aura of his determination to fuel hers. And with that she was awoken from her fantasy of a daze.

Susie eyes widened and she pushed Kris off her. Kris was worried she might've figured out his facade.

Still, he didn't shift, nor did she move away. Kris felt awful for tricking her, making him feel that they have rubbed on him, utterly ridiculous, but quite possible.

His soul grasp onto him and shook him like no tomorrow, he remained as he was; unmoved.

Susie growled, and Kris was terrified if she had figured it out. Though, her ferocious action was not intended for him, it was for her.

She had become soft.

The echo of a familiar laughter of the bitter man echoed.

She clutched her head, shaking it vigurously.

"No no no no..." She muttered over and over.

Kris heard and decided to stop his little play. What was going on?

'I'm not...' Susie thought.

Kris became even more worried as she spoke louder and louder with every word and murmur. Her whispered words slicing through the wind with unnerving ease.

'You're such a disappointment. You really are a weakling.' He said.

'I'm not!' He was not here, yet her paranoid mind manefested the perfect clone.

"S-Susie, are you ok?" Kris spoke.

"I'm not!" She shouted, clutching her head as she stood up, the brunette sat with wide eyes covered by chocolate hair.