18- Gone and here

Again, I'm so sorry for being gone for like more than a month. But have some art that I re-drew. I think you might recognize it.

The reason for my disapperance is simple.... My phone broke XD And some other problems came by that ruined my time to write but I don't wanna vent here 'cause I've seen a lotta writers do that and I don't wanna be one of'em.

I wrote 3 three chapters. I hope that'll make up for lost time.

Let's go!

•••••••••••

Kris, along with his father and brother, rushed upstairs in frantic worry. The shriek of horror from Auburn was vivid even from afar.

What could've happened? Kris felt his heart rush of worry.

"Emmy!" Asriel bursted in.

Dr. Auburn's mouth was covered by her hands as her stare stayed upon the glass container.

"It vanished..." She breathily whispered in terror.

"What?" Kris spoke as he stepped forward.

"I-I was just..." She said as she shook her head, "I-I wanted to check it's stats, b-but..." She stopped again and looked at Kris worriedly, "I saw it for a few moments... then after a few seconds looking at it... it- it ..." Dr. Auburn fretted.

"Disappeared?" Asgore asked.

Auburn nodded her head.

Asriel hummed thoughtfully, "Did it fade? Or turn to dust?"

"No." Dr. Auburn stated simply, "It glowed and vanished. No flickers or signs of weakness." She said in utter confusion.

Asriel had his eyebrows furrowed in a jumbled manner.

"But Kris is still okay," Asriel said, "Wouldn't that mean that the soul is still alive and active?" He continued.

"Yes, but no soul can escape these types of containers..." Asgore stated, for he witnessed the strength of these containers even through the most unruly of souls.

While all of them were busy discussing, Kris remained quiet, for he knew too well where it went.

Where "his" soul went.

The soul came back to him.

The Player came back to him.

And their distant laugh echoed in the back of his mind.

Kris trembled silently. He clutched himself as his emotions came crashing down on him. He pursed his lips and tried to remain as calm as he could.

But nothing was calming about this. And he knew that every second he stood there, The Player was surely gaining control even more so than before.

"What's up with you?" Susie butted in.

Kris gasped of shock, a little loudly than of his norm, and everyone in the room had there mouths clamped and their attention was on Kris.

Kris felt the stare and he tried calm himself, being a little shooken up made him lose a part of himself; Him being soft-spoken.

"It's n-nothing." Kris said as he gained a bit of thought. He didn't want anyome to be dragged into this mess, a mess that he had started, and a mess he will end himself.

Susie felt her soul swell with worry, oddly. But she shrugged it off and mumbled, "If that's what you say, squirt."

"My child, if there's something wrong, please inform us, we will help you." Asgore said, tears pricking his eyes. He knew that Kris never did once raise his voice, even when he was scared, suprised, even angry.