13- The check up

The art will serve its purpose :P

(Yeah, it's mine.)

••••••••••

Frantic footsteps filled the hall.

A worried mother, walking briskly, nervously biting her nails.

After a few moments, a figure emerged from the door the mother faced. A petit woman, hair a chesnut color, eyes a unique shade of brown, almost red to the eye, her cheeks a pinkish color. She smiled meekly, and she looked rather fresh to be a doctor.

"Hello, Mrs. Dreemurr," The doctor greeted shyly, her nature radiating of timidness.

Toriel shook her head, "It's Ms. Dreemurr now. Or Toriel if you'd like," Toriel answered simply with a smile as the doctor nodded. But frowned right after as she continued, "How is he...?" She asked cautiously.

The doctor smiled, "He's fine," She answered, to which Toriel sighed with utmost relief, "But..." The doctor continued and showed Toriel the statistics she gathered.

Toriel gasped, covering her mouth in pure shock. Her concern grew. Toriel's gaze was fixated on the paper shown before her.

The doctor nodded solemnly. And Toriel faced her, almost with a pleading look.

"Do what you can, Dr. Auburn."

~~~~~~~

Kris awoke in an unfamiliar room. Yet he felt nothing.

No confusion.

No questions.

Nothing bubbling inside him to pulse with his determination.

Determination? Unfamiliar.

There was nothing.

Kris just scanned the room with an empty gaze. No curiousity to fuel him, only finding something to fill the lack of purpose or doing.

From the looks of it, he was in a hospital bed. How did he get here? He knew, yet he didn't care.

His soul was contained in a jar-like glass, its pulse of ever powerful determination unfelt.

Kris just sat there and waited for something to step out from the door in front of him. Watching so intently yet so eerily still.

His wait didn't really last long as the door flung open to reveal a doctor with a small delicate frame.

She had a mysterious glint shoning in her eyes, as well as a shy aura.

"Hello," She spoke softly. Kris was unfazed.

She walked over to Kris, holding the statistics with dear life. As she nears the contained soul, her eyes pooled of horror yet curiosity.

She sat down on the bed, "How are you feeling?" She asked very gently, careful of his state. With what she knew, he was unstable at the moment. But she hadn't known how.

Kris faced her, "Who are you?" He asked bluntly, completely leading the conversation elsewhere.

"My name is Dr. E.C. Auburn. You can call me Emmy," She offered. Words laced with almost a forced cheeriness. Kris might have appeared simple and bland, but his observant nature never fled from his vessel.

He gave her a suspecting glare, even in his emotionless state, "Alright, Emmy. What do you want?" He growled slightly, seeing as her eyes were scared but expecting.

'Quite Observant,' Dr. Auburn thought.

She sighed and put on the best smile she could manage, seeing as her smile was her ace in such situations.