23- Read and Believe

We're almost there ^_^

This would have a bit of a better understanding for the ending and yeah. This is connected to Chapter 15 where Asriel said something about how they knew each other and I don't wanna spoil the da fun suuuu--- Enjoy~ -Well, Hopefully.

••••••••••

Asriel's P.O.V.

"Mom! I'm going out!" I shouted as I slung the bag over my shoulder.

I quickly raced down and slapped a slice of bread into my mouth. I turned and saw Kris behind me. But when I met his gaze, he tore his away.

"Good Morning, bro." I said with a little smile.

Kris just went pass me and did not utter one word. No response. Nothing.

I knew he was still upset with me. I knew everyone was still upset with me. After what I pulled off, I doubt anyone could forgive me. I risk my brother's well-being for a far-off reward.

But it'll all be worth it.

I just need more time.

Susie entered the room and saw me. She looked unsure and steadily went to Kris' side, looking at me ever so often with a piercing, ferocious stare.

I was not going to waste any more time than I have. I went out and got into my car. I clutched the steering wheel with my hands and breathed.

All of this is going to be worth it.

Just one more test.

Just one more experiment.

~~~~~~~

"Emmy!" I said as I raced over to her, the corners of my mouth tugging slightly.

She didn't respond as well. She quickly went in the laboratory that was provided for this project and didn't bother to wait for me.

I sighed. She was upset with me, too.

"What are we doing today?" Emmy asked with a dull voice. Then, her crimson eyes burned fiercely, "Torture even more people?"

I stiffened and gulped. I composed myself and went over to her, "All of this will pay off, I promise. It won't be like the last time." I said with my voice a bit shaky but I still tried to convince her with my best, false grin.

"Asriel..." She turned to me, eyes flickering to the side and returning to mine. She opened her mouth unsure, and closed it again. With a steady intake of breath, she spoke, "I can't protect you this time. These dangerous tests-- Trying to finish these Geester experiments you found in this odd writing. This isn't like the first year of college where I can just take all the blame for an 'accident'." She went on and added quotes to the very end.

"Emmy-"

"No." She shook her head, "I'm done covering for you. If this goes wrong, you'll pay badly. And I pray that won't happen." She sighed and settled her hands on my shoulders, "To everyone, I'm the demon who wrecked everything, their hopes and dreams. I can handle all that hate, but I won't stand any more people getting hurt." She removed her hands on my shoulders.

"First of all, it's Gaster, not Geester. And no one is going to get hurt." I said.

Silence wafted through the room for merely a second, a sad chuckle arose from Auburn's throat, "You aren't even sure yourself, are you?"

I bit my lip and hesitated. Auburn crossed her arms and pushed her glasses, her crimson eyes shone with determination. "I'm going to help, just to make sure this won't go downhill."