2- Strange concern

He ran and ran. What did he do?

How did he muster so much strength?

How could he, most of all, ever stand up to this ferocious female?

How could this be possible?

Kris felt the faint pulse of power in soul. Was this the true power of determination?

Shaking it off, he ran. He ran like the coward he is, or so he thought.

His soul was back, but how? how did it return?

All these questions burned in his head, marking their devious existence to plague his mind, how cruel it was.

Kris stopped, heaving breaths like no tomorrow. Both mind and soul racing. A blush never leaving.

He felt so embarrased by what he had attempted. The cold glint of those crimson orbs were replaced by the blush that covered his features.

Kris just leaned beside the wall, chuckling at how cowardly he was to Susie. After all, she did just threathen to eat his face.

With that image in mind, he shook off the red tint in his cheeks, well, most of it at least, and replaced with fear of Susie's rage.

But, imagining her like a beast felt so wrong, like another toy to be played with his strong twisted mind. Just another wretched thought to join the rest.

Kris felt ashamed and scared. The power was strange, but somehow, it felt good, almost too good if it is to be pointed out.

A mind of revolting thoughts that was greatly influenced by the sick puppet master and a soul of great power, second to none.

But after all this time, he held on, choosing light more than the blinding dusk. Darkness was a plague, a sickness, a virus, it must not be played with, no matter how tempting.

Kris was concerned of how Susie would react to such an encounter, but with some courage he gathered, he was willing to face her head on.

But he was still a tad bit cowardly, only pushing the solution of his problem to be dealt with later on. Choosing to go to the cafeteria to eat his worries away.

The concern never leaving.

~~~~~~~

Susie was left to stand in awe of what she had witnessed.

He could he be this strong? If he was, then why didn't he show it?

But still, the questions were merely chirps of birds as the concern of that soft side grew. She needed to talk to him, just a simple chat would do, because for now, she needed attention, as selfish as that sounds.

She grew sick of these feelings, but letting them stay because it would hurt more if she blew them away, she tried a lot of ways to deal with them.

Instead of running around in a rush looking for this particular brunet, she walked in a much steady pace. The frustration not willing to leave, but was tainted by her slow steps.

Susie scanned every corner of every hall she passed, looking for Kris, still no avail.

For once, she used her head, pondering over possibilities of where he could be.

Just one idea.

Just one thought.

To melt the concern away.

The concern, the care, that dripped strangely in her words were vomit worthy. She wanted to rip apart her soul while watching the emotion bleed to death.

Every gory detail in mind, making her slightly better, oddly. Susie pushed them away, waiting for the thought that was to come.

A guess.

A clue.

Anything!

Luck was on her side as she looked at the time.

'It's Lunch!' Susie thought, bolting to the cafeteria with great haste.

Friendship was an odd thing to feel. It was wretched but it made her smile so happily since.

She just hoped that this concern of hers did not ruin the image she had built.

It made her feel sick in every possible way.

~~~~~~~

Kris just sat in the cafeteria, eating alone. The lunch he had was the one his mother so kindly made.

He felt utterly sick to know that he's so cowardly. Kris felt like a coward choosing to portray bravery in fake skin, fooling everyone but himself.

He was still the odd man out everyday, being the only human in a monster village, after all. But now, he started to wonder where the other humans were, why he hasn't seen one.

But that predicament was to be left to solve for another day.

He just sat and ate quietly, paying no mind to the world as he always done. No mind to the world revolving.

Silence was wished and it has been given.

As he was spacing out, he hadn't noticed the monster that was staring intently at him, but was hidden through wine fringe.

A grin and a light punch on Kris' shoulder, "Heya, squirt," Kris freezed, the sound of that voice sending the courage he mustered to fly away.

With a deep breath, "H-hey, Susie,"

Susie felt relieved to know that his voice was laced with emotion, no matter what it was.

She sat down next to him, looking away and glancing at Kris and his food every few moments.

"I'm sorry..." Kris finally breathed out.

Susie was taken aback by his sudden apology, but immediately surrendering to the concern that was surely melting away.

"You better be, squirt!" Susie answered playfully, a grin resting on her face.

Susie still kept her tough side as the dominant, for she could not handle care and friendship to be her main focus.

Kris was debating on wether if she had forgiven him, or she was still angry but was trying to be "nice".

Kris just sighed, this time emotion was seeping through. A gentle smile resting and a kind act was about to be done.

Kris took out his sandwich, glancing at Susie, who had been drooling over it, giving it to her with a kind smile, knowing she was very hungry, as always.

No words, only a snatch, and a very satisfying hum.

Susie looked away from him, knowing Kris has been watching her scarf it down.

Corcern melted away.

It left with no mark to leave behind.

Just a faint smile that rested on her purple complexion.

••••••••••

Oh god...

I'm sorry for the wait!!!

This feels so rushed and crummy =~=

But anyways! I will update more frequently now!

And drama be goin' down n-

No spoilers!!! Gah!!!

~Aivianne